Associate Software Engineer (QA Tester)
Location: Zapopan, Jalisco, Jalisco MX
Job Number: 23770
Responsibilities of the Software Test Specialist:
- The successful candidate will be responsible for Testing of TGCS Point-of-Sale (POS) systems.
- Review functional specifications to determine scope of testing
- The current focus is Windows OS on the TGCS unique POS system units.
- Develop and update test plan and test cases.
- Configure and validate the test articles and environment for verification.
- Execute the documented test plans and document test results.
- Provide issue recreation environment information as well as steps to follow.
- Keep track of issues until solved.
- Retest the issue resolution package and regress test the solution.
- Have a close communication with the hardware vendors, PTL and TGCS development teams for solutions to defects.
- Verify defect fixes.
- Prepare test reports and publish test exit letters.
- Effectively communicate test status to the technical project managers.
- Assist TGCS HW Team in problem determination of driver or hardware issues when time allows it.
- Work with people internationally
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or Electronic Engineering
- Good knowledge of Windows/Linux Operating Systems
- Basic knowledge in PC server x86 architecture
- Basic Project Management, including dependency interlock, regular status report and follow-up
- Intermediate level of English
- Hardware PC troubleshooting skills
- Experience in writing Test scripts.
- Strong work ethic
- Strong sense of urgency and driving issues to closure
- Meets deadlines and produces high quality work
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments
- Strong sense of Customer Perspective
- Ability to adapt with business needs
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply
- 1-2 years of test background
- Knowledge of Linux Operating System
- Software/Hardware Test Experience (Functional and System Level testing)
- Hardware Test Experience (PC's, Servers, Network)
- Good knowledge of software development concepts/methodology/life-cycle
- Possess presentation and communication skills
- Experience in Hardware or Software functional testing
- Configuration Management discipline
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion-dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, CVS, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
City: Zapopan, Jalisco
Location_formattedLocationLong: Zapopan, Jalisco, Jalisco MX
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Software Engineer (QA Tester)
Requisition Number: SWENG01767
EEO Employer Verbiage: