Hardware Test Architect
Location: Durham, North Carolina US
Job Number: 24083
Hardware Test Architect (Hardware Engineer IV) - DEV-072319-060b
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is currently looking for a Hardware Test Architect that is the senior testing professional who's primary functions are to design solutions to testing problems the business faces and to ensure that test approaches, tools and techniques are built into a relevant, coherent methodology ensuring the product quality supports' the business's objectives.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for providing guidance and critical thinking in the testing methodology of TGCS Point-of-Sale (POS) hardware products systems. The candidate shall be responsible to the business for the position functions:
- To design and implement the hardware test infrastructure to validate industry standard, customer and internal hardware requirements.
- To contribute to the HW testing best practices, stay up-to-date with test architectures that are relevant to the company's product line and facilitate their implementation.
- To possess broad awareness of testing approaches, practices and techniques in order to help design and deliver the overall testing methodology used by the joint test teams.
- To have the ability to monitor the effectiveness of the testing function and bring about improvements through insights gained via analysis at all stages of the HDLC/HTLC.
- To identify what tools and technologies can be implemented, aligning with that already used across the broader development function and in-line with the skill-set of the team.
- To stay up to speed on process, practice and technology developments ensuring the best-of-breed practices are brought in-house and enhance the solutions applied to the testing problems.
- To support the Test Manager in achieving the strategic goals for the Test Team by providing technical support to the Manager and the team.
- To collaborate with local and global teams to expand effective coverage of functional, performance, stability and stress testing.
- To leverage existing test solutions to validate generic and customer-specific features of POS and computer-based systems.
- To reviews major architectural designs to ensure consistency, maintainability and flexibility with respect to overall system, technical and product architectures.
- To depict highly complex ideas, issues and designs to varied audiences; project data objectives, scope and direction across project teams.
- To support the hardware development team throughout project lifecycle, including during test phase; researches test issues and data content, and assists with problem resolution.
- To investigate and make final recommendations on new tools and techniques; collaborate on hardware/software evaluations.
- To actively contribute to the test process, specifically in areas where there are limited/no other test resources.
- BS degree or equivalent experience in Computer/Electrical Engineering (or other hard sciences chemistry or physics) and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience; or an MS in the relevant areas with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Previous management experience.
- Advanced Project Management, including dependency interlock, regular status report and follow-up.
- Understanding of network protocols.
- Strong work ethic.
- Strong sense of urgency and driving issues to closure.
- Meets deadlines and produces high quality work.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments.
- Ability to adapt with needs of business.
- Master's Degree in Physics or Electrical Engineering.
- Software/Hardware Test Experience (Functional and System Level testing).
- Hardware Test Experience (PC's, Servers, Network).
- Hardware Development Experience (PC's, Servers, PC Components).
- Solid knowledge of software development concepts/methodology/life-cycle.
- Possess good leadership, presentation and communication skills.
- Experience in Hardware or Software functional testing.
- Configuration Management discipline.
- Analytical/ problem solving skills.
- Team player.
- Requirement to work with people internationally.
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion-dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email email@example.com to request an accommodation.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Hardware Test Architect
Requisition Number: HARDW01847
EEO Employer Verbiage: