Software Engineer IV
Location: Durham, North Carolina US
Job Number: 23322
Software Engineer IV (DEV052019002b)
- Design and Implement Java8 Springboot RESTful microservices
- Design and Implement VueJS Administration UIs for RESTful services
- Design NoSQL database collections, indexes, and data models
- Design and Implement RESTful endpoints using OpenAPI3/Swagger
- Implement JUnit regression tests
- Lead daily scrum and sprint closeout meetings
- Contribute to backlog grooming and design
- Assist junior team members on a daily basis with design and implementation
- Updating and managing VersionOne backlog stories/tasks/defects/etc
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of the system
- Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience as a team lead, senior developer, or other senior/leadership role on a professional software development project
- Able to read, write and speak English proficiently and be an effective verbal and written communicator.
- Self-sufficient and maintaining development environment and process to maintain project code integrity and organization
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving using functional programming-based approaches
- Experience with microservices, Docker containers, cloud infrastructure (Azure, AWS) preferably from a customer facing production deployment.
- Understanding implications and approaches around security and data protection.
- Experience with Rules Engines
- Experience with Maven and Git
- Mobile platform (Android or iOS) development experience
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the selfcheckout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our instore solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless twoway, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer IV
Requisition Number: SOFTW01726
EEO Employer Verbiage: