Software Development Manager
Location: Durham, North Carolina US
Job Number: 23971
Software Development Manager (DEV-072319-066b)
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is seeking a Software Development Manager who will be responsible for leading a team of direct reports, including programmers and software architects, towards the development and support of TGCS strategic products for the worldwide retail market.
The candidate will also be part of a cross-functional team responsible for planning, developing and releasing the software solutions to the market. You'll develop and nurture key relationships with product and program management, business partners, services, finance, procurement and other supporting groups to ensure the timely release of solutions that will fully satisfy demanding customer expectations.
This position requires extensive people management experience and proven knowledge of software development processes to drive team activities with the understanding of requirements and business drivers for the new products and solutions.
- Managing all personnel aspects including: hiring, managing individual performance, compensation, job assignments, dealing with conflict, career building, coaching, etc.
- Managing the delivery of a broad scope of quality software releases ensuring product commitments are met with respect to quality, budget, and schedule.
- Promoting continuous process improvement and best software development practices across a global team that will enable the development of innovative products.
- Ensuring Agile practices are applied and followed.
- Ensuring proper communication on deliverables as appropriate up through management levels within the organization.
- Manage the support of the products and act as the single point of contact for all support activities and escalations.
- Identify and resolve problems, gaps, and challenges in the software engineering processes.
- Foster an environment of collaboration, trust, and accountability for departmental and cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor's degree in a related software engineering / computer science field or equivalent experience
- 5 years minimum people management experience.
- 10 years minimum leading software development teams and projects.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good analytic and logical problem solving skills.
- Proven hands on software development experience.
- Possess a level of comfort to work "in the weeds" with technical software development teams, as well as at a portfolio level with high-level executives.
- Strong collaborative and team work oriented skills.
- 3 years minimum experience in Agile development.
- Domain knowledge in the area of Retail.
- Availability for domestic and international travel. Expectation is 10 to 20% travel.
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Software Development Manager
Requisition Number: MANAG01816
EEO Employer Verbiage: