Location: Durham, North Carolina US
Job Number: 24023
PC Technician (IT-072319-001b)
Responsible for performing technical services as necessary to support the End User Support Team including 1st level escalations from customers. Responsible for troubleshooting hardware/software failures and investigation of network connectivity issues with minimal assistance from Sr level. Assist Associate Team members with more complex issues. Responsible for deployment and replacement of Laptops\\PC's as well as Asset tracking.
- Provide day-to-day IT technical support to employees in a combination of the following areas; network infrastructure and internal systems software and hardware. Installs, configures and troubleshoots desktop systems, workstations, servers and network issues in a diverse environment. May make recommendations for purchases.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by responding to calls, email, and/voicemail in a timely, accurate and professional manner. Ensure timely escalation of customer problems by documenting the impact to the customer and by assigning an appropriate priority and resolution target. Handles full breadth of IT Tickets as well as first level escalations from customers.
- Log tickets as required by departmental practices into the designated ticket system to communicate with and properly utilize 2nd and 3rd level support staff.
- Maintain related passwords, data integrity and file system security for the desktop environment. Participate in development of information technology and infrastructure projects.
- Communicate highly technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel. May conduct end user training designed to educate computer users about basic and specialized applications or hardware. May assist lower level specialists. Requires the ability to document processes and procedures.
- Perform other related duties.
- Associate degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of desk side support experience or combination of education/certifications and experience
- Must have experience in supporting desktops, laptops, printers, networked multi-function devices, and handheld devices.
- Must have experience in supporting Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, Symantec anti-virus and wireless connectivity. Some working knowledge of: Microsoft O365, WDC and Intune
- Must have good understanding of multiple platforms (Windows Platforms)
- Must have a good understanding of Apple IOS and Android operating systems
Must be a strong team player
- Inventory control and asset management experience is a huge plus
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion-dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email email@example.com to request an accommodation.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: PC Technician
Requisition Number: PCTEC01834
EEO Employer Verbiage: