Parts Operations Specialist I
Location: Durham, North Carolina US
Job Number: 23609
Parts Operations Specialist I (WWOPS-061919-008i)
The Parts Operations Specialist in Durham, NC will collaborate with Services Team and 3rd party planning partner to plan, forecast, schedule and manage the service parts inventory for delivering time-critical parts to support In-House (Toshiba) Service Teams and 3rd Party Service Logistics Providers in the Americas geography.
- Plan, forecast, schedule and manage the service parts inventory in order to deliver time-critical parts to support In-House (Toshiba) Service Teams and 3rd Party Service Logistics providers in the Americas geography. Leverage the power of the planning application tool to enable effective monitoring and fine-tuning of the planning rules and logic on daily, weekly, monthly basis. Provide recommendations to management in order to mitigate problem areas.
- Proactively review historical usage patterns, seasonality patterns, demand spike early trend indicators and lifecycle phases to maximize order fill rates while achieving DOI (days of inventory) targets and minimizing logistics expenses. Make adjustments as necessary. Identify trends which may be harmful to the flow of service parts and provide management with recommendations for correction.
- Coordinate communication throughout the supply chain when critical supply issues arise, to quickly escalate issues and expedite deliveries to ensure positive customer experiences, by effectively handling and resolving "urgent requests" regarding parts availability issues (prevent or minimize down machine impacts)
- Conduct root cause analysis of planning issues/risks (including "at risk" and "failing" KPIs/business performance metrics (DOI, Fill Rates, Backorder levels, Inventory levels, Excess Inventory amount, etc.) by conducting quantitative analysis, gathering business insights from cross-functional business leaders, and developing and then implementing corrective actions/countermeasures
- Actively participate on Toshiba Innovation projects in support of incremental process enhancements and larger scale reengineering efforts along with ongoing cost reductions via a continuous improvement culture
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- A Minimum of 5 years' experience in parts planning
- Intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills
- Experience with various Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, Query and Ad Hoc Reporting tools
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to persuasively interact with all levels within the organization from individual contributors up to Sr. Execs across many functional teams: Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain, Service, etc.
- Experience working within a global business environment with high levels of interaction and communication between US based operations and other global entities.
- Microsoft Suite experience (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Experience with Oracle
- Experience in Logistics
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion-dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Parts Operations Specialist I
Requisition Number: PARTS01747
EEO Employer Verbiage: