Accounting Analyst III - Senior Financial Accountant
Job Number: 10152
Accounting Analyst III - Senior Financial Accountant
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is currently looking for an experienced Accounting Analyst III / Senior Financial Accountant to join our new finance team in Singapore.
The incumbent must be self-motivated and able to work independently to support the accounting and finance responsibilities as assigned in support of the Singapore PTE entity. He/she will be reporting to the Finance Manager, Singapore.
This Singapore specific role is hands-on and will be involved in all aspects of country level finance and accounting involving month end accounting close, reconciliations and accounting schedules, budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis of actuals against budget/forecast targets fluctuations. The incumbent will work with the Finance Manager on all statutory compliance for financial statement preparation (including footnotes and annual audits) as well as Corporate and GST tax filings.
He/she will work closely with the broader accounting organization located in Raleigh, NC, KPMG and E&Y to execute the statutory and management reporting needs for the business. Along with the Finance Manager, he/she will also partner with the country and regional operations teams to understand results and help improve the business performance. He/she will proactively assures the integrity of the financial data in the Oracle system for statutory and management reporting.
- Hands-on involvement in the preparation of full set of accounts, monthly accounting close processes, reconciliations, accounting schedules and variance analysis. This includes proper recording of all required journal entries, inter-company transactions and tax related account postings into the Singapore ledger.
- Assist with follow-up on the results, calculations and balances for the Singapore trial balance and P&L results.
- Responsible to investigate discrepancies and issues (if any) relating to the Singapore entity accounts. Implement or propose solutions to resolve them.
- Responsible for the preparation of GST returns and corporate tax calculations (ECI).
- Filing of annual accounts with ACRA including XBRL reporting.
- Participate in the annual budget process & monthly forecast process.
- Complete the monthly analysis and reporting for the management reporting to Sales & Operations.
- Understand the business and assure proper accounting to reflect the results of the business.
- Responsible for the preparation of Balance Sheet reconciliations including managing aged items for clearing.
- Conversion from US GAAP to local GAAP.
- Support the data requirements with KPMG to complete the local annual tax return in collaboration with relevant TGCS key contacts.
- Liaising with E&Y, KPMG, ACRA, IRAS and other government authorities or 3rd parties.
- Ensure TGCS management results are reconciled with statutory audit adjustments and GST filings.
- Ad hoc responsibilities assigned by the Finance Manager from time to time.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or ACCA qualification.
- Must have 5 to 10 years of demonstrated work experience in Singapore in handling a full set of accounts as a financial accountant and is currently employed in this position.
- Be CA or CPA qualified with working knowledge in Singapore IFRS, Corporate and GST tax rulings and US GAAP
- Must have experience managing external audits and related compliance engagements with the Big 4 or other audit firms.
- Must have work experience with Singapore GST and corporate taxation.
- Background managing fluctuation analysis of periodic financial results against budget/forecast and against prior period.
- Experience in balance sheet reconciliation analysis including preparation and resolve aged items is a must.
- Strong spoken and written business English skills is a must.
- Must be a collaborator and team player as well as able to work independently.
- Must be willing to work as a partner to the business and proactively assist to identify solutions to accounting or financial issues.
- Must have experience regional working in a global, matrix organizational environment across time zones
- Must have experience with ERP systems (such as Oracle or SAP) and XBRL reporting to ACRA
- Possess intermediate to advance Excel skills is a must. Also required are skills in PowerPoint and WORD.
- As it is a common requirement in accounting and finance roles, be willing to work overtime where necessary, which may include weekends as directed by the US HQ. Additionally to liaise with the US HQ outside of regular working hours on work requirements.
- Experience with transfer pricing
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Singapore, Central Singapore SG
State: Central Singapore
Community / Marketing Title: Accounting Analyst III - Senior Financial Accountant
Requisition Number: ACCOU01160
EEO Employer Verbiage: