Indirect Tax Manager
Job Number: 10655
Indirect Tax Manager
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is looking for an Indirect Tax Manager to join our team in RTP, NC. The Indirect Tax Manager will focus on global VAT/GST tax projects, research and implementation relating to new legislation and new business initiatives, process improvement and internal controls.
This individual will work in a dynamic tax environment and will focus on indirect tax matters (VAT, GST, etc.). The ideal candidate will have experience in managing transaction tax projects, understanding and coordinating tax audits and implementation of new legislation and administrative rulings. The ability to work perform and review research, work effectively with outside advisors and with internal business units is expected. Professional demeanor and excellent communication skills are required as is the ability to work independently, lead meetings, presentations and to problem solve effectively.
- This individual will work in a dynamic tax environment with focus on global indirect tax matters (VAT,GST, etc.) such as new business initiatives, contract reviews, legislative analysis, implementation of tax technology and general technical indirect tax questions
- The ideal candidate will have experience in effectively managing indirect tax projects, identifying appropriate resources required and delivering within agreed deadlines.
- Strong focus on improving controls and processes, including implementation of technology solutions.
- Tracking and communicating internally changes in indirect tax laws and regulations
- Working with legal and accounting and payroll teams to mitigate indirect tax risks
- Assistance with drafting indirect tax policies and procedures as needed; and
- Coordinating and responding to indirect tax audit requests.
- Providing operational guidance relating to international indirect tax risks and opportunities to business, legal and finance teams.
- Teaming with International Direct Tax, Transfer Pricing and US Indirect tax team.
- Performing self-audits of operational guidance and indirect tax controls
- Bachelor's degree in business or accounting or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of combined experience in Accounting and International Indirect Tax
- Experience working in a public accounting firm or large corporation is required
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Attention to detail while maintaining the ability to see the big picture
- Proven technical skills within the area of indirect tax
- Excellent communication and leadership skills and the ability and desire to team effectively with others
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- CPA/CTA or equivalent and/or Masters in taxation or law degree
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Indirect Tax Manager
Requisition Number: INDIR01176
EEO Employer Verbiage: