Manager, Engineering I
Job Number: 11397
Manager, Engineering I (MGDSVCS-091217-001b)
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is seeking a Manager, Engineering I to join our team in RTP, NC. Our Professional Services organization provides custom software solutions for some of the world's largest retailers, partnering with brands like Walmart, Kroger, Lowes Foods, and Kohl's to deliver innovative consumer experiences leveraging a wide range of technologies.
The Manager, Engineering I will lead a team of 15 - 20 direct reports consisting of project managers, software developers, software business analysts and support specialists. The Manager, Engineering I is responsible for execution and growth of the professional services (custom software development) portfolio in one or more solution areas. The Manager, Engineering I will establish and grow trusted advisor relationships with clients, ensuring Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a vital component of each customer's current and future technology roadmap.
The Manager, Engineering I will also work closely with all other TGCS teams (Client team, Product team, Sales team) involved in the solution area. As new Products and Services are introduced into the solution account, the Manager, Engineering I will participate in resource planning and allocation to meet the obligations resulting from the new Product and/or Service.
- Establish credible operational relationships with clients around store applications and professional services to drive customer satisfaction and TGCS business results
- Engage in both internal and customer facing planning sessions
- Perform personnel administrative tasks such as expense reports, equipment orders, and vacation approval
- Run a Project Management Office for the assigned portfolio of projects to track project plans, resolve project issues, and report status to upper management.
- Resolve resource requirements across multiple projects and customer commitments
- Provide human resources management including goal setting, evaluations and skills development for a team of 10-20 software professionals
- Participate in customer status meetings as required.
- Promote best practices in software development across the Professional Services Practice
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in a project management or leadership role
- 2+ years of resource management experience
- Ability to understand high-level technology concepts and communicate to non-IT managers and senior managers
- Skilled in MS Office
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Enjoyable personality and aptitude for fun, team-oriented and competitive environments
- Experience with software development project management through the entire software development life cycle including support
- Strong technical and business communication skills
- Customer relationship experience
- Strong crisis management skills
- Bachelor's degree in a technology filed
- 1+ years of management experience in a technology field
- 5+ years of prior experience in software development
- 2+ years of prior experience in PM/PGM role
- 2+ years of experience in a customer facing Services role
- PMP® Certification
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Engineering I
Requisition Number: MANAG01201
EEO Employer Verbiage: