Director, Global IT Support Services
Job Number: 14177
Director, Global IT Support Services (IT-011718-002b)
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is seeking a Director, Global IT Support Services to join our team in our Research Triangle Park, NC office or our office in Irvine, CA. This person can also be located remotely. The Director, Global IT Support Services is responsible for providing technical leadership to a workgroup for the execution of day-to-day activities associated with providing IT infrastructure support to employees and authorized users of corporate computer networks, related software, and associated peripherals, globally. This person will also be responsible for the overall operations status, accomplishment, outstanding issues, and mitigations to incidents that affect IT Operations as it relates to the customer experience under guidance provided by the CIO.
The Director, Global IT Support will also be responsible for providing an exceptional customer service experience to all who request service from the Global IT Support Services Team. This person may be required to perform duties outside of normal business hours.
- Provide Technical and Task Leadership in the area of responsibility assigned.
- Provide Global Support of a hybrid Cloud Environment
- Provide Microsoft support Services.
- Microsoft Exchange/O365 Email Tenant Support
- Create and trouble shoot email accounts including integrations with other email platforms
- Assist with the use of and trouble shooting of O365 Collaboration Platforms.
- Perform tasks as they concern the overall operation of the technical support of users.
- trouble shoot and initiate global networks, including setup, configuration, and operation of integrated systems.
- Configuration of mobile devices, including trouble shooting, procurement, and administration of accounts.
- Communicate and document issues as they pertain to essential support and service.
- Monitor assigned and open tickets to seek fast resolutions utilizing ServiceNOW
- Review all open tickets for update and resolution on a daily basis.
- Monitor all pertinent support queues to ensure work is moving in a timely and reasonable pace. Take appropriate action by notifying responsible parties of any potential bottlenecks, potential service level agreement failures, and breach of Helpdesk service policies and procedures.
- Accurately escalate tickets by assigning to appropriate groups and following associated protocol.
- Use all available resources to resolve each reported problem within the current Service Level Agreement.
- Ensures workstation support functions related to the technical support of the employees and authorized users of the network and resources. Includes workstation configuration and installation and system update maintenance.
- Participate in projects such as new tools and rollouts of business related software and hardware, standards, processes and procedures, and training.
- May also be responsible for logistics support, J-SOX audit via defined requirements within the operational environment.
- Improving quality and consistency of support activities.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Adhere to all Compliance and Audit requirements
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of progressive management experience in an IT infrastructure environment
- Need to possess a strong understanding of the infrastructure environment
- Ability to recognize and respond quickly to critical matters
- Strong leadership and coaching skills
- Strong trouble shooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to trouble shoot applications and hardware in a methodical and rational manner
- Advanced understanding and familiarity of Microsoft operating systems and MS Office Suites
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- PMP Certification
- Strong background in Project Management
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Global IT Support Services
Requisition Number: DIREC01268
EEO Employer Verbiage: