Job Number: 14437
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is seeking an Accountant I to join our team in Research Triangle Park, NC. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated and able to work independently to support the activities of the Controller - Americas, to whom the position reports.
This role is hands-on and will involve analysis of general ledger accounting transactions
The position is an integral part of the Americas Finance and Accounting Team and will work with RTP-based supporting departments as well as teams in Latin America. The ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities simultaneously & be 100% accountable for the closure of all issues related to complete the above tasks on schedule is critical to this role. A sense of urgency on a daily basis and strong communication skills are critical. A willingness to conduct business during non-standard hours to meet the needs of a global business.
Responsibilities of the Incumbent in the Role:
Prepare and/or monitor US gaap balance sheet reconciliations to ensure each is properly reconciled and supported
Propose adjusting entries as necessary
Participate in the review of financial results, including providing feedback to improve the accuracy of accounting
Support quarterly corporate audit requirements
Provide assistance, as needed, with the translation and interpretation of Spanish language invoices and contracts
Work collaboratively with other finance team members including those based in Mexico, Colombia and Brazil
Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; participating in professional organizations
- Minimum bachelor's degree, 5-10 years relevant experience
- Experience preparing balance sheet reconciliations and proposing adjusting entries
- Ability to analyze foreign currency transactions and assess correct accounting
- Familiarity with US GAAP
- Good spoken and written business Spanish skills
- Must be a collaborator and team player, but able to work independently
- Willing to work as a partner to the business and proactively identify issues and opportunities
- Background in accounting
- Experience working in a multinational company environment
- Technology company experience preferred
- Experience using Oracle ERP extremely preferred; the ability to extract data from primary systems and develop into useful and meaningful information to accomplish the above role is essential
- Competent using Microsoft Excel for hands on data analysis
- Experience with Blackline balance sheet reconciliation software
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Accountant I
Requisition Number: ACCOU01273
EEO Employer Verbiage: