Manager, Engineering I
Location: Zapopan, Jalisco, Jalisco MX
Job Number: 14560
Responsibilities will include guiding and supporting the team throughout the development and successful deployment of new product releases, optimizing development processes and team efficiencies, managing capacity and personnel matters. The team will also be responsible for providing field support and managing field issues.
This position requires proven knowledge of software development processes, extensive people management experience and the skills listed below necessary to carry out the responsibilities for project activities across a broad, cross functional, geographically diverse team.
Responsibilities of the Development Manager will include:
- Delivery of high quality product releases and functionality.
- Managing the performance of the development team ensuring product commitments are met with respect to quality, budget, and schedule.
- Enabling the development and support of an innovative product.
- Promote continuous process improvement. Ensuring Agile practices are applied and followed.
- Ensuring proper communication on development deliverables as appropriate up through executive management levels within the organization.
- Enabling the sharing of best practices across a global development team.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Extensive experience in managing software development teams and projects.
- People management experience including performance management, motivation, career development and dealing with conflict.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good analytic and logical problem solving skills.
- Strong collaborative and teaming skills.
- 3+ years of experience in Agile development.
- Product knowledge in the area of Retail and Point-of-Sale applications will be a plus.
- Fluent English
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, CVS, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader. The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.
City: Zapopan, Jalisco
Location_formattedLocationLong: Zapopan, Jalisco, Jalisco MX
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Engineering I
Requisition Number: MANAG01281
EEO Employer Verbiage: