Job Number: 15088
Communications Specialist (HR-031618-001b)
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is currently looking for a Communications Specialist to join our team in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina. The Communication Specialist will be supporting the execution of Internal Communications and Human Resources goals and strategies to include employee communications integrated across multiple distribution channels (Intranet, email, and other digital communications), corporate communications, employee engagement and community outreach. Additionally, the Communications Specialist will be managing the tactical execution of global internal communication initiatives and programs targeted to 2,000 employees in over 35 countries.
- Partner with various internal stakeholders on identifying internal communication needs.
- Write and edit internal news and announcements; proofread and edit content.
- Coordinate and manage content on the employee Portal and Intranet, as well as create and distribute employee-focused email communications.
- Oversee logistics and planning for global HR and employee events, including all live employee meetings, web conferencing and employee community outreach activities.
- Maintain multiple employee distribution lists and other pertinent department resources.
- Communications measurement, including survey design, collecting employee feedback through surveys and employee engagement initiatives; monitoring feedback channels.
- Provide coordination support for internal promotions and employee communication campaigns.
- Proactively seek communication opportunities across the company to help keep employees informed of company activities.
- Research communications best practices; and maintain and optimize existing tools.
- Maintain the Communications Calendar.
- Track expenses for assigned events and other project activities.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in a communications-related environment
- Strong writing skills are essential
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong interpersonal skills and teamwork ability
- Ability to take a project from inception to completion
- Ability to prioritize work and complete projects under tight deadlines
- Ability to interact with people across all levels of the organization
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism or Communications
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Communications Specialist
Requisition Number: COMMU01291
EEO Employer Verbiage: