Director, Business Process Reengineering
Location: Durham, North Carolina US
Job Number: 15502
Director, Business Process Re-engineering (EXEC-040518-001i)
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions (TGCS) is committed to Retail thought leadership, transformation, as well as deepening relationships with Retailers and Technology partners. We provide additional value and services that help drive additional commerce, reduce friction, deliver enhanced digital experiences, simplify IT infrastructure, and provide deeper and broader insights into consumer behavior.
We are looking for a Director leading Global Business Process Reengineering (BPR) in the Chief Operating Officer (COO) organization. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and managing activities and initiatives relating to the delivery of solutions partnering across functional aspects of the business: Finance, Supply Chain, Marketing, Development, Sales, IT, Operations, Services, and Field Services. These process improvements are to streamline and simplify operations to improve market responsiveness and to drive operational efficiency.
The Director will work on complex initiatives across business units in a matrixed, global environment and will initiate and lead innovation/improvement activities. He or she will also have primary responsibility for strategic planning and portfolio management of continuous improvement priorities for individual business units. Primary skills used include: Financial, Change Management, Operational and process reengineering. The Director will apply these skills to BPR projects, focusing on project execution and leadership. Interactions will be all levels including those at a Director, VP, SVP and GM level. They will also build and manage a team of people and lead a Program Management Office (PMO).
- Guides operational leaders in understanding and usage of quality and continuous improvement methodologies by establishing links between process management initiatives and business strategies and identifying and prioritizing high-impact opportunities.
- Takes the appropriate approach in reengineering and improvements whether artistic or scientific (e.g., Lean, Design Thinking, Six Sigma, Kaizen, DMAIC)
- Through the rigorous use of change management disciplines, drives new programs, processes and systems throughout the business and validates that outcomes meaningfully impact business/functional performance.
- Evaluates both strategic and crisis opportunities for improving the core business.
- Develops plans, recommends, and executes initiatives that have multi-functional or multi organizational impact to achieve effectiveness.
- Leads and facilitates Kaizen and BPR Events across the company and through cross functional teams.
- Evaluates the implication of recommended initiatives and effectively communicates impact and resolutions to affected business groups and their senior or executive leaders.
- Use quantitative/statistical process modeling and simulation techniques & tools to improve Quality, Client experience, and reduces Cost and Cycle time.
- Creates forecasting models to predict future process/system performance based on changes implemented.
- Establishes acceptable and realistic success and performance metrics with functional and business line inputs.
- Uses these metrics to deduce critical areas of improvement for delivering world class offerings and profitability for the business units.
- Prepares and distributes balanced scorecards and other reporting as needed focusing on quality, process KPIs, project or initiative status.
- Assesses benefits (tangible and intangible), including financial ROI, and determine variance to the predictive/forecasted models.
- Leads the global PMO for BPR
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 12+ years' experience working in several functions or divisions with formal Six Sigma/business process management training
- 4+ years' experience in a leadership capacity
- Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt certification
- Strong leader with a strong will to get something done
- Management/operations/technology consulting experience or internal consulting/process improvement experience in a global company.
- Tolerance for ambiguity
- Establishment and growth of a successful BPR process at a company
- Change management experience in a matrixed environment
- Portfolio management, project management, and delivery experience
- Experience managing/mentoring other associates including green belts and black belts
- Experience presenting to groups including Board and Executive levels.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Industrial Engineering, Statistics/Mathematics, Information Systems
- MBA in Operations, Finance or Strategy or equivalent experience
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Business Process Reengineering
Requisition Number: DIREC01303
EEO Employer Verbiage: