Business Data Analyst
Location: Durham, North Carolina US
Job Number: 16604
Business Data Analyst (SVCS-RRB041218-002)
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is seeking a Business Data Analyst to join our team in Research Triangle Park, NC. The successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions. The Business Data Analyst will need a fine eye for detail and a strong grasp of data analysis tools and databases. The Business Data Analyst will be responsible for conducting full life cycle analysis to include requirements, activities and design. This person will develop analysis and reporting capabilities. The individual will also monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Provide technical expertise on data mining, cleansing and quality assurance.
- Filter and "clean" data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Train end users on new reports and dashboards
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrable working experience as a business data analyst
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages to analyzing large datasets (Excel, R, SAS etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field
- Master's degree
- Prior experience with Business Intelligence systems
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Business Data Analyst
Requisition Number: BUSIN01326
EEO Employer Verbiage: