Location: Melbourne, Victoria AU
Job Number: 16712
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is currently looking for an Accountant II to join our Growth Market Unit (GMU) team in Melbourne, Australia. The Accountant II will be responsible for analyzing opportunities to improve the accounting process and procedures to best maintain the books and records for the business. A strong emphasis on analyzing monthly, quarterly and yearly results to ensure financial integrity.
- Actively participate in the monthly close process with global process accounting teams.
- Perform balance sheet analysis and reconciliations. Lead and give corrective guidance on any required accounting entries.
- Perform cash reconciliations, create transactions and follow up on outstanding items.
- Running reports to analyze accounting data, verify validity, and correct where appropriate.
- Enhancing financial security by implementing and following internal controls.
- Review performance of a country's monthly result, checking for accuracy, correct allocations and analyze trends, follow through with global process accounting teams to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Review of all contracts to ensure correct recognition of revenue and costs in the correct reporting period.
- Assist in preparation of indirect tax requirements (GST, FBT) to ensure submissions are complete, correct and submitted on time.
- Assist in preparation of direct tax requirements to ensure submissions are complete, correct and submitted on time.
- Assist in responding to internal and external audit requests for completion of statutory accounts, ensuring there are no cost over runs.
- Assist in preparing Australian General Purpose Financial Statements.
- Understanding current and proposed legislation; enforcing accounting regulations; recommending new procedures.
- Ensuring all business compliance requirements are met to avoid penalties and fines for late submissions.
- Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of accounting experience
- Knowledge of all compliance requirements of a registered business in Australia including: Direct and Indirect taxes, statutory filing, and business licenses.
- Strong ERP systems skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience with Oracle
- Demonstrated experience using ERP system tools for data analysis
- Trouble shooting and problem solving
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Melbourne, Victoria AU
Community / Marketing Title: Accountant II
Requisition Number: ACCOU01332
EEO Employer Verbiage: