Accountant I - Cash Applications Specialist
Location: Durham, North Carolina US
Job Number: 16810
Introduction: The Cash Application Specialist identifies and allocates all payments and ensures that all cash is posted and distributed accurately and within required time frames under conformity to the applicable internal controls and compliance requirements.
The Cash Application Specialist is responsible for processing electronic and manual remittance transactions, posting complex payment and contractual adjustments to client accounts. This position is also, responsible for reconciling cash transactions, third party remittances, and credit/debit card payments. The Cash Application Analyst downloads posts and reconciles electronic remittance files and works with the accounts receivable representatives to resolve posting problems. Has a strong knowledge of third party billing, contractual allowance and detailed knowledge and application of all client master terms and conditions as they relate to collections and payment terms.
Responsibilities: Cash Applications: High volume data entry, process and accurately apply all incoming payments for all customer accounts from various sources: Live Checks, Daily Cash, Electronic Lockbox and Wire Transfers.
- Identify and communicate discrepancies in payments received with Accounts Receivable.
- Performs reconciliation of daily deposits.
- Researches unidentified payments within 48 hrs. of receipt.
- Responsible for month-end closing activity including report generation.
- Responsible for producing the daily customer cash receipts reports.
- Contact customers as required regarding questionable payments and resolve based on departmental procedures
- Prepare detailed, accurate and organized, accounts receivable reconciliations as needed.
- Maintain the responsibility for unapplied payments and lockbox bookkeeping accounts in assigned areas.
- Additional tasks/duties as assigned by Finance Management and Supervisor/Manager.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in handling complex accounts receivable duties in an accounting environment. We will consider new graduates with theoretical knowledge of finance and accounting.
General understanding of accounting concepts and procedures.
- Organizational and time management skills to prioritize heavy individual workload to meet timesensitive deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills; demonstrated professional, tactful problem solving skills with
- personal presence to interface with corporate decision makers.
- Ability to compile, analyze and interpret financial information and data to facilitate decision
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- We will consider new graduates with theoretical knowledge of finance and accounting.
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Accountant I - Cash Applications Specialist
Requisition Number: ACCOU01336
EEO Employer Verbiage: