Portfolio Planning Manager - Market Research
Location: Durham, North Carolina US
Job Number: 17220
Portfolio Planning Manager - Market Research (PSTR-041218-001i)
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is seeking a Portfolio Planning Manager - Market Research to join our team in Research Triangle Park, NC. The Portfolio Planning Manager - Market Research role is a technical expert focused on market research methods, design, data collection and analysis to provide the necessary market understanding to drive evidence-based strategic portfolio decisions. The position will provide holistic, insight-driven consultation to all levels of internal stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have proven research consultancy experience and demonstrated ability to impact businesses with research and insights in a global organization. If you are passionate about understanding customer requirements, impact portfolio strategy, and have a strong desire to constantly learn more about a complex business, this is the role for you!
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide timely and actionable market analyses and solutions to drive key business decisions and accelerate the development, and prioritization, of insights.
- Design and implement market research to answer business questions based on comprehensive integration of primary, secondary and competitive intelligence sources.
- Coordination and collaboration with external firms and internal stakeholders throughout process of generation of business questions, hypotheses to be tested, design of the research and execution.
- Conduct qualitative research including designing methodology, preparing moderator's guide, moderate focus groups and prepare report with summary of findings and recommendations.
- Design survey instruments; prepare discussion guides, screeners and other stimuli for research and effectively manage market research vendor relationships.
- Position requires expertise in available primary market research methodologies, including discrete choice/conjoint quantitative methods to inform product forecasts.
- Position requires the ability to synthesize multi-sourced complex information, apply analytical capabilities and utilize strong interpersonal and communications skills in an effective manner. Must have strong ability to orchestrate and execute a large number of projects while looking to continuously improve processes, quality and efficiencies.
- Use primary, secondary, social, and behavioral data to tell a story of the ‘voice of the market' and ‘voice of the customer to drive an insights platform
- Collaborate with other product managers within the broader organization in the execution, analysis and presentation of insights to ensure a holistic understanding of business issues
- Contribute to building a research consulting organization that delivers actionable and relevant insights that drive tangible business outcomes
- Identify strategies and market opportunities, build business cases, shape strategy for the business
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of work experience in market research, data analysis and/or marketing analytics, with a successful track record contributing to business results.
- 3+ years of research or strategy consulting work experience
- Well-versed in integrating customer research and large amounts of internal and external data to develop and land strategic and actionable recommendations
- Excellent communications, storytelling, and influencing skills;
- experience communicating and collaborating with senior executives
- Command of a wide array of primary research methods and passive data, fluent in identifying business issues and prescribing an appropriate research or analysis plan to address them
- Demonstrated ability in leading large-scale research programs
- Strong project management and organizational skills; must be able to manage competing demands
- Experience with partner relationship management; ability to serve as an advocate for your audience and work collaboratively to identify opportunities or resolve issues
- MBA or equivalent experience
- Data Scientist or Research degree
- 2+ years of experience in the technology industry, and with technical audiences
- Vendor and client-side strategy consulting experience
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Portfolio Planning Manager - Market Research
Requisition Number: PORTF01357
EEO Employer Verbiage: