Inventory Analyst I
Location: Durham, North Carolina US
Job Number: 19018
Inventory Analyst I (WWOPS-RRB072518-001b)
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is seeking an Inventory Analyst I to join our team in Research Triangle Park, NC. The Inventory Analyst is the focal point for all information and activities involved in analyzing and reporting world-wide TGCS end-to-end supply chain inventory and inventory liability. The core function of the job is to perform data analysis, forecasting, monitor and report key metrics, and identify and drive solutions. The role interfaces between the Supply Chain and Finance/Accounting organizations to reconcile ledger, inventory loss, calculate reserve and inventory planning for target setting. This position has a wide range of different responsibilities that will involve working with people and organizations across the TGCS enterprise.
- Perform data analysis and measure performance through continuous monitoring on key inventory metrics and procedures; Turns, days of supply, excess and obsolete, ABC part analysis, slow moving inventory
- Ensure vendor information files are current and merged with TGCS data files to perform analysis on total inventory pipeline
- Responsible for generating and presenting monthly inventory performance metric report and communicate results of analysis and make data supported recommendations
- Ensure data is accurately presented in a useful manner for decision-making
- Identify and report obsolete, surplus or excess inventory and assist with disposition options
- Manage inventory reserve accounting process. Assure reserve is properly reconciled to supporting details and all related controls are supported as required.
- Ensure inventory metrics against quarterly targets and forecasts with explanations for any variances and issues.
- Ensure the inventory transactions are correctly mapped to the general ledger and the correct transactions are performed.
- Create balanced Inventory Targets for all elements of the supply chain that tie to all applicable Ledger Budget elements
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in supply chain (inventory) or finance
- Experience in Supply Chain positions that involved inventory management
- Intellectual curiosity, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to collect large amounts of data, sort through information, manipulate and analyze for business improvements
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, including familiarity with macros and pivot tables, and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Self-starter, ability to work independent without regular supervision
- Strong presentation and written/verbal communication skills
- Must display strong organizational skills and have the ability to identify and implement process improvement strategies with positive business results
- Experience with complex analytical and/or programs
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance or Supply Chain
- Experience working with Manufacturing or inventory finance
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Inventory Analyst I
Requisition Number: BUSIN01410
EEO Employer Verbiage: