Depot Technician I
Location: Durham, North Carolina US
Job Number: 19053
Depot Technician I
The Depot Technician I will be responsible for performing bench repairs on Toshiba point of sale equipment, as well as equipment from other manufacturers. This includes (but is not limited to) printers, displays, system units and individual components. This Toshiba facility performs repairs on customer-owned equipment in a fast-paced environment requiring the highest possible levels of quality and consistency. Additionally, the Depot Technician I may be required to train new staff, perform system-based administrative duties, and perform basic work area maintenance including restocking of inventory items, cleaning, material removal, etc. Depot Technician I will use diagnostics, mechanical tests and visual inspection to determine defects and required repairs. Repairs generally include replacement of parts, cleaning inside and outside of the machine, and entering system transactions to log activity and parts consumed. Depot Technician I may also be required to perform pick/pack/ship of parts to meet customer orders
- Diagnose and repair point of sale computer equipment
- Use host-based systems to report work perform and parts used
- Perform high quality work and maintain accurate records
- Train new employees on repair and system-based tasks
- Demonstrate teamwork within the Repair Center
- Learn and observe all safety procedures
- Perform pick/pack/ship of components
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area
- 1+ year of experience in electronics repair or assembly.
- Basic computer skills
- Possesses basic technical diagnosis & repair skills
- The position requires competency in electrical and mechanical repair
- Experience working in a computer hardware repair environment
- Lifting up to 50 lbs without assistance
- Standing/Walking activities are encountered during 90% of the normal work day
- Stooping/Bending/Squatting activities are encountered on a frequent basis
- Reaching activities are conducted on a frequent and repetitive basis throughout the work day
- An individual may be required to perform twisting activities, dependent on the type of position he need to place himself in while performing his/her job duties
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Depot Technician I
Requisition Number: DEPOT01413
EEO Employer Verbiage: