Location: Durham, North Carolina US
Job Number: 19589
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is seeking a Staff Accountant - Intercompany. The Staff Accountant - Intercompany is a hands-on and challenging role working closely with various personnel throughout the Company, both locally and at other affiliates---domestically and internationally, ensuring intercompany activity is properly recorded in the general ledger and maintaining the data integrity of the intercompany billing process. The position is responsible for preparing and completing data-intensive processes, projects, reconciliations and day-to-day functions within the Staff Accountant - Intercompany role and will also work closely with billing and Accounts Payable. Prioritizing work, ability to multi-task and working well with others is essential for this role.
Responsibilities of the Staff Accountant - Intercompany Include:
- Record intercompany journal entries to clear intercompany transactions with other affiliates and maintain intercompany accounts in balance on a monthly basis
- Accurate and detailed review of intercompany billings and purchases, including inventory and non-inventory activity
- Ensure compliance with Transfer Pricing policies, including thorough review/research of intercompany mark-ups on both billings and purchases of inventory and non-inventory intercompany transactions
- Preparation of monthly accruals and adjustments
- Analyze intercompany balances with other affiliates and coordination of intercompany wire payments and intercompany settlements to comply with Company and/or statutory requirements
- Analyze intercompany margin trends and follow up on significant gross margin trend fluctuations
- Generate monthly intercompany billings - Intercompany Debit/Credit Memos
- Development of Desktop Procedures in areas of responsibility
- Handle all intercompany transactions, accounting, confirmations and reconciliations. The process must be completely timely and at a high level of accuracy
- Reconcile general ledger accounts, including sub ledgers. Research any discrepancies
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Previous General Accounting experience
- 2-3 years' experience with intercompany accounting in a global environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong desire to make positive changes and develop process improvements.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision & use own initiative.
- Excellent time management skills & ability to prioritize work effectively.
- Ability to work under pressure & deadlines.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with Oracle ERP
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, CVS, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Accountant II
Requisition Number: ACCOU01437
EEO Employer Verbiage: