Location: Durham, North Carolina US
Job Number: 20612
Instructional Designer - RTP, NC (MKTG-101518-001b)
The Education & Development Team is looking for a talented and an innovative Learning Specialist/Instructional Designer who can demonstrate a wide breadth of knowledge of the various web-based eLearning technologies and instructional design methodologies to create and deliver product solution sales materials and training to enable a team of global sellers and business partners. The Learning Specialist/Instructional Designer will manage the course development process, conceptualize and storyboard instructionally sound, interactive, engaging web-based course components for new and revision courses for Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions sales channels. The candidate will work with subject matter experts, conduct needs analysis and summative evaluations to ensure integrity and value of learning engagements.
- Assess the learning needs by partnering with a global team of direct sales managers and indirect channel managers (distributors and business partners) and determine appropriate sales training solutions to achieve goals and improve related sales performance.
- Work closely with our global marketing team of portfolio managers, services managers, and technical presales subject matter experts as a source of information for content development of training materials to meet our worldwide program goals.
- Develop sales materials and training with an understanding of how technology and software solutions are used to solve business problems.
- Provide "live" and recorded product solution updates to the global sales and services teams.
- Maintain both on-line and instructor led course content, curriculum materials and assessment/exams.
- Observe, participate, and accurately assess technical sales education development plans to team, organization, and company goals and implementing necessary changes.
- Bachelor's degree (Instructional Technology/Design or related field) is required or 10+ years of Sales Enablement, Sales Operations, Sales, Product Marketing or consulting related function in the retail industry.
- 2 years+ experience designing, writing, developing (concept to completion) instructor-led and web-based eLearning programs for technical sales.
- Knowledge and experience with responsive eLearning design for multi-platform delivery.
- Confident public speaker with experience at motivating large groups of people and facilitating live and virtual training sessions and workshops.
- Ability to communicate with people of various technical and business backgrounds, including the ability to explain difficult technical concepts in simple terms to business users
- Skilled in capturing the interest and involvement of audiences and in organizing ideas for logical presentation and acceptance
- Excellent communication (verbal, written and presentation) skills.
- Experience with managing content in a learning management system (SABA)
- Proficiency in Camtasia video creation, editing, and publishing
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to handle accelerating changes in pursuit of more innovative solutions
- Enjoys building cross-functional relationships and working with others in a collaborative, social environment.
- The ideal candidate has the ability to deliver Point of Sale technologies, products, and solutions as well as the ability to deliver sales training and professional materials for negotiation skills, presentation skills, influencing skills, and business/financial acumen.
- Video production and editing experience.
- Management and leveraging of Web-Conferencing platforms for blended training programs (Adobe Connect, Go To Meeting…)
- General Knowledge of retail industry domain and point of sales solutions
- Experience working in a global environment with the ability to communicate and problem-solve effectively across diverse cultures and geography with sensitivity.
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, CVS, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Instructional Designer
Requisition Number: INSTR01497
EEO Employer Verbiage: