Product line Manager II - Self-Service Software
Location: Durham, North Carolina US
Job Number: 20876
Product Line Manager II - Self-Service Software
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is seeking a Product Owner to join our team in Research Triangle Park, NC. The Self-Service Software Product Owner will research and quantify market requirements and competitive offerings, prioritize go-to-market efforts based on business objectives, define software offering as part of self-service solution, conduct business analyses, and lead a matrixed global team to increase market share and achieve profitable growth. This position reports to the Director, Self-Service Product Line.
Research market and customer needs by visiting existing and prospective retail customers in targeted market segments
Drive competitive and complementary solution analysis and compete strategies against established players and new threats
Build market positioning for software component of solution offering
Own solution software road-map, providing and prioritizing business requirements for functionality, capability, and solution inter-dependencies to software Product Development and Services program managers
Manage and track progress against financial targets, including revenue, customer retention, and market share
Participate in Sales & Operating Planning for Self-Service solutions
Support execution of strategic partnerships, customer engagements, and drive new business growth
Lead cross-functional process improvement efforts to reduce cost and decrease time to market
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in software product management or related experience in B2B business model
- Team leadership and influence; able to create accountability and buy-in with stakeholders without formal authority
- Strong presentation and communication skills in both client-facing and internal situations; can articulate industry and operational insights clearly and persuasively to all levels of executives and management
- Proficient in business analysis: fluent with P&L statements, business case construction and evaluation, fixed/variable cost management, software development productivity, capacity management
- Market requirements analysis; ability to map business value to solution roadmaps and recommend competitive positioning
- Ability and willingness to travel 25%, primarily North America but Europe, LATAM or Asia possible
- Strong domain knowledge in the retail software industry including POS software, enterprise software development, and an understanding of high-volume retailer IT and operations business needs
- Experience in software product line management, waterfall and Agile software development methodologies in B2B2C business model
- Pragmatic Marketing Framework™ experience
- Experience with Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen, or other continuous improvement methodology
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Product line Manager II - Self-Service Software
Requisition Number: PRODU01509
EEO Employer Verbiage: