Senior Logistics Specialist
Location: Durham, North Carolina US
Job Number: 20978
Sr. Logistics Specialist - RTP, NC (WWOPS-082918-002i)
A Logistics Specialist is someone whom will analyze, coordinate and identify improvement opportunities within an organization's supply chain for the physical and systematic movement of product from supplier to manufacturing to customer. Their expertise is in managing operational processes and ability to analyze the data across the entire logistics chain including influencing where a product is sourced, how it is distributed and delivered throughout the end-to-end supply chain. The specialist understands the logistics market and how it operates, and is able to use data analytics to make strategic and tactical recommendations on suppliers, routings, costs, comparisons, best practices etc.
- Oversee activities associated with the physical logistics of products both inbound from suppliers to the manufacturing sites, then outbound to customers
- Using their comprehensive knowledge of the freight forwarding, carrier and broker environments, for all methods of transport, they will influence sourcing of products where appropriate
- Have high competency in the operational tasks associated with international movement of goods
- Be familiar with current trade compliance requirements for import / export and be aware of all future legislation that may impact the business
- Use Data Analytics principles, spreadsheets and other software to recommend logistics methods and routings to maximise lead times and optimise costs
- Work to understand business and customer needs and work out how to meet them
- Continually seek improvement in processes and systems
- Provide regular and comprehensive management reporting to demonstrate control of the logistics chain
- Recommend cost savings projects and implement best practise solutions with logistics suppliers
- Keep pro-actively informed of advances in logistics technology and incorporate new technologies into procedures
- Ability to advise and recommend solutions to management and fully explain Data Analytics findings
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management & Administration or relevant equivalent
- 5+ years' experience in end-to-end logistics with a strong knowledge of in 3PL and/or in-house operations versus 4PL.
- 3+ years' experience Logistics Procurement, supplier management and reverse logistics spare parts
- Lean experience a plus
- Ability to define data for robust analytics across the whole supply chain
- Ability to interpret the data across all levels, ie logistics providers, methods of transport, costs etc, and make recommendations on optimized solutions
- Able to communicate clearly and comprehensively with senior leadership teams, suppliers, manufacturing and customers across a global network
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to implement tasks using good project management techniques
- Flexibility of attitude and practice to cover both project and operational necessities as driven by critical situations or needs.
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Logistics Specialist
Requisition Number: SENIO01520
EEO Employer Verbiage: