Senior Consultant, Business Process Re-engineering
Location: Durham, North Carolina US
Job Number: 21058
Senior Consultant, Business Process Re-engineering (COO-041218-003i)
Part Time-1040 hours per annum
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions (TGCS) is committed to Retail thought leadership, transformation, as well as deepening relationships with Retailers and Technology partners. We provide additional value and services that help drive additional commerce, reduce friction, deliver enhanced digital experiences, simplify IT infrastructure, and provide deeper and broader insights into consumer behavior.
A Senior Consultant on the Global Business Process Reengineering (BPR) Team in the Chief Operating Officer (COO) organization. The successful candidate will assist the Dir of BPR in planning, coordinating, and managing activities and initiatives relating to the delivery of solutions partnering across functional aspects of the business: Finance, Supply Chain, Marketing, Development, Sales, IT, Operations, Services, and Field Services. These process improvements are to streamline and simplify operations to improve market responsiveness and to drive operational efficiency.
The Senior Consultant will work on complex initiatives across business units in a matrixed, global environment and will initiate and lead innovation/improvement activities. Primary skills used include: Financial, Change Management, Operational and process reengineering. The Senior Consultant will apply these skills to BPR projects, focusing on project execution and leadership. Interactions will be all levels including those at a Director, VP, SVP and GM level.
- Guides operational leaders in understanding and usage of quality and Lean methodologies by establishing links between process management initiatives and business strategies and identifying and prioritizing high-impact opportunities.
- Takes the appropriate approach in Process Improvement whether artistic or scientific (e.g., Lean, Design Thinking, Six Sigma, Kaizen, DMAIC)
- Through the rigorous use of change management disciplines, drives new processes and systems throughout the business and validates that outcomes meaningfully impact business/functional performance.
- Develops plans, recommends, and executes initiatives that have multi-functional or multi organizational impact to achieve effectiveness.
- Leads and facilitates Kaizen and BPR Events across the company and through cross functional teams.
- Evaluates the implication of recommended initiatives and effectively communicates impact and resolutions to affected business groups and their senior or executive leaders.
- Use quantitative/statistical process modeling and simulation techniques & tools to improve Quality, Client experience, and reduces Cost and Cycle time.
- Creates forecasting models to predict future process/system performance based on changes implemented.
- Establishes acceptable and realistic success and performance metrics with functional and business line inputs.
- Uses these metrics to deduce critical areas of improvement for delivering world class offerings and profitability for the business units.
- Assesses benefits (tangible and intangible), including financial ROI, and determine variance to the predictive/forecasted models.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of TGCS Lean Training Material.
- Develops a culture of Continuous Improvement through Kaizen Event Facilitation, Coaching, and Training.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Industrial Engineering, Statistics/Mathematics, Information Systems or equivalent
- MBA in Operations, Finance or Strategy or equivalent is a plus
- Lean or Six Sigma Black Belt certification required
- Management/operations/technology consulting experience or internal consulting/process improvement experience in a global company.
- 12 years' experience working in several functions or divisions with formal Lean/Sigma business process management training
- Establishment and growth of a successful BPR process at a company
- Lead/Facilitated 50 or more Kaizen Events
- Change management experience in a matrixed environment
- Portfolio management, project management, and delivery experience
- Experience managing/mentoring other associates including green belts and black belts are required
- 4+ years' experience in a leadership capacity
- Experience presenting to groups including Board and Executive levels.
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Consultant, Business Process Re-engineering
Requisition Number: SENIO01530
EEO Employer Verbiage: