IT Project Manager
Location: Durham, North Carolina US
Job Number: 21078
IT Project Manager (IT-110618-002i)
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is seeking a Technical Project Manager III for the IT team. The Technical Project Manager will report to the Director of IT Infrastructure and will oversee the initiation, planning, implementation, execution, and closure of Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions and Toshiba America Business Solutions Infrastructure projects. This role will manage multiple, concurrent projects within fast-track timelines.
- Lead projects using project management methodologies, tools, and techniques, to ensure that projects are delivered on time, within budget, and meet management expectations.
- Lead the Infrastructure Project Teams through the project process which includes initial scope definition, requirements, planning, schedules, estimates, risk analysis, acceptance criteria, etc.
- Work with Infrastructure Managers to determine the tasks, resources, time and costs required to accomplish the implementation of technical projects.
- Develop, maintain and manage detailed project schedules.
- Monitor team work efforts.
- Facilitate the preparation of all necessary technical documentation by Infrastructure team.
- Facilitate communication within the Infrastructure teams and with other technical and business teams that affect or are affected by the scope, budget, and resources of work being managed.
- Identify areas of concern that will delay the project schedules and develop solutions to proactively mitigate risk possibilities.
- Resolve problems, determine solutions, track and manage issues, and escalate when appropriate.
- Direct and chair Project status meetings and participate in Team meetings and working groups to facilitate the completion of projects.
- Report progress of the projects on a regular basis, including overall status, project timeline, milestones technical and business status risks, etc.
- Track project costs against budget.
- Bachelors' degree plus prior experience leading projects
- 5+ years of Infrastructure project experience
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Leadership personality, with the ability to manage, influence and guide people
- Ability to interact with diverse groups of technical and non-technical people
- Must be able to work independently and assume responsibility for project deliverables with minimal or no supervision
- Strong verbal, written and documentation communication skills
- PMP certification
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email email@example.com to request an accommodation.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: IT Project Manager
Requisition Number: ITPRO01532
EEO Employer Verbiage: