Product Line Manager II - Self-Service Software
Location: Durham, North Carolina US
Job Number: 22193
Product Line Manager II - Self-Service Software
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is seeking a Software Product Owner Manager to join our growing team in Research Triangle Park, NC, leading the future product direction of the fastest-growing line of business at TGCS. The Self-Service Software Product Owner will research and quantify market requirements and competitive offerings, prioritize go-to-market efforts based on business objectives, define software offering as part of self-service solution, conduct business analyses, and lead a matrixed global team to develop new product, launch into market, participate in sales/pre-sales activities, increase market share and achieve profitable growth. This position reports to the Director, Self-Service Product Line. The ideal candidate has a broad set of business leadership capabilities across a variety of stakeholder functions, a hungry, growth-oriented mindset, bias for action, excellent communication skills, and the ability to make tradeoff decisions to achieve business outcomes.
- Research market and customer needs by visiting existing and prospective retail customers in targeted market segments and staying informed of industry trends, retail market forces, and new technologies
- Drive competitive and complementary solution analysis and compete strategies against established players and new threats
- Build market positioning for software component of solution offering
- Own solution software roadmap, providing and prioritizing business requirements for functionality, capability, and solution interdependencies to software Product Development and Services program managers
- Lead a major cross-functional project to develop the next generation of Self-Checkout client software, aligning architecture and capability with TGCS software strategic plans and medium-term platform strategy
- Manage and track progress against financial targets, including revenue, customer retention, and market share
- Participate in Sales & Operating Planning for Self-Service solutions
- Support execution of strategic partnerships, customer engagements, and drive new business growth
- Lead cross-functional process improvement efforts (Value Stream mapping, Lean, Kaizen) to reduce cost and decrease time to market
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in software product management or related experience in B2B business model, to include full lifecycle management (design through launch and lifecycle)
- Demonstrated record of promotion and increasing responsibility
- Team leadership and influence; able to create accountability and buy-in with stakeholders without formal authority
- Strong presentation and communication skills in both client-facing and internal situations; can articulate industry and operational insights clearly and persuasively to all levels of executives and management
- Proficient in market/product requirements analysis; ability to map business value to solution roadmaps and recommend competitive positioning
- Proficient in business analysis: fluent with P&L statements, business case construction and evaluation, fixed/variable cost management, software development productivity, capacity management
- Ability and willingness to travel 25%, primarily North America but Europe, LATAM or Asia possible
- Experience in software product line management, waterfall and Agile software development methodologies in B2B2C business model
- Strong domain knowledge in the retail software industry including POS software, enterprise software development, and an understanding of high-volume retailer IT and operations business needs
- Experience with Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen, or other continuous improvement methodology
- Pragmatic Marketing Framework™ experience
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Product Line Manager II - Self-Service Software
Requisition Number: PRODU01639
EEO Employer Verbiage: