Human Factors Engineer
Location: Durham, North Carolina US
Job Number: 22718
Human Factors Engineer (DEV-040419-001b)
TGCS (Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions) is a company within TTEC Corporation, which is solely focused on Retail and commerce. Being the number 1 Retail Technology vendor in the world, TGCS is committed to drive and influence Retail innovation on the global scale.
TGCS is committed to Retail thought leadership, transformation, as well as deepening relationships with Retailers and Technology partners, providing them additional value and services that can help drive additional commerce, reduce friction, deliver enhanced digital experiences, simplify IT infrastructure, and provide deeper and broader insights into consumer behavior. The Human Factors Engineer will evaluate and collaborate in the design of products, using human factors engineering and ergonomic principles to influence our next generation products.
The ideal candidate will bring Human Factors expertise to ensure compliance with ADA and optimize usability, cost, quality, safety, and performance. He or she will be a resource to address questions from ADA inspectors, internal employees, or external customers about issues related to ADA compliance, anthropometry, human psychology, human perception and cognition, user experience or research. He or she enjoys creative problem solving, has an entrepreneurial mindset, and enjoys influencing designs for new products.
This role will report to Development Operations Manager.
- Create a unified, leading-edge user experience across shopper and associate touchpoints.
- Qualitative and quantitative UX research in field and lab environments.
- Create UX vision, strategy, roadmap, objectives, requirements, concepts, designs, processes, and research plans.
- Work with TGCS innovation team, partners and various other departments within TGCS focused on co-creating future solutions. Participate with internal and external teams to deliver pilot implementations
- Bachelor's degree in human factors, and/or UX
- 4+ years of practical experience in design, human factors, and/or UX experience
- 2 years of design, human factors, and/or UX experience as a principal or lead
- Familiar with ADA Compliance (American Disability Act)
- Experience advocating for and selling UX at the executive level
- Strong communication skills with ability to engage technology teams and business managers equally well.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work collaboratively across functions and geographies in a complex matrix environment
- Portfolio demonstrating innovation in HW and/or SW design
- Board-certified ergonomist, human factors professional, or UX professional (BCPE)
- Portfolio of inventions and patents
- Retail industry expertise
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Human Factors Engineer
Requisition Number: HUMAN01684
EEO Employer Verbiage: