Automation team (test automation) Summer Internship
Location: Durham, North Carolina US
Job Number: 22843
Automation team (test automation) Summer Intern (SVCS-022819-003n)
We are looking for a SW Test Intern to be part of a team responsible for developing automation software for products developed for the Retail Marketplace. You'll work within an agile development team with guidance as needed. You'll utilize your skills to develop test automation for some of our functional and system test cases as assigned.
You'll be working with an outstanding team of professionals focused on delivering world class software solutions to major retailers - locally and worldwide!
There are 3 different program areas within our Software Engineer Internships:
- Point of Sale (POS)
- Mobile Applications (Android, iOS)
- Customer Loyalty Solutions
- Technologies used: Saas (Software as a Service), SOA (Service Oriented Architecture), MoM (Message Oriented Middleware), cloud computing, Enterprise, and Desktop Java Development.
- Learn about our product offerings and how our clients use them.
- Development and test on those products.
- Learn about how our products go from an idea to a fully-fledged product.
- Work with a team to deliver code/unit tests/function test and automated tests for business-critical functionality.
- Work on defects that arise from our clients as a team.
- Construct test cases and test functionality of code developed by other team members.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Completed Java programming class or has other Java experience
- Experience with test automation
- Software Test (Functional and System level testing)
- REST APIs
- Active MQ
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email email@example.com to request an accommodation.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Automation team (test automation) Summer Internship
Requisition Number: ELEVA01697
EEO Employer Verbiage: