Distributor Advocate (Sales Operations Business Analyst III)
Location: Durham, North Carolina US
Job Number: 22906
Distributor Advocate - Sales Operations Business Analyst III (SALES-042319-001b)
In North America, Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions (TGCS) utilizes a 2-tier distribution strategy in support of its Business Partner Channel Program. Each Distributor (2), supplies goods, services, and overall support of TGCS Product Purchases that each of these Business Partners generate, in support of sales to their end-user customers.
This position monitors, manages, and helps facilitate the Administrative Process involved with these purchases. During the pre and post sales process, various interactions occur between personnel within TGCS Direct Sales, TGCS BP Personnel, Business Partners, and Distributor Representatives, in order to facilitate each transaction.
The ideal candidate requires a deep understanding of the Toshiba Business Partner Channel, the channel fulfillment model, and the tools and processes used to transact business within the Distributors. He/she will be responsible for ensuring each Distributor can transact business with Toshiba in the most cost effective, seamless manner, to facilitate the company's overall BP Revenue Objective.
This position requires a high degree of attention to detail and has customer satisfaction responsibility for these distributors, as well as internal client relationships, acting as a single point of contact for multiple internal processes. Possessing end-to-end process knowledge of a typical sales transaction, the Distributor/Channel Advocate manages areas such as issue resolution, coordination of complex activities/transactions including pricing and forecasting needs, and consultations on methods of conducting business and enhancing the overall relationship of the Distributor/Channel.
- Manage the daily Distributor relationship to ensure proper use of tools, systems, reporting, and information to facilitate the ordering and ultimate purchase of varied products from Toshiba.
- Project manage Distributor requirements/solutions, cross-functionally between departments and maximize process cycle time. Handle critical transactions from quoting through to fulfillment to enhance ease of doing business and promote alignment of the business relationship.
- Serve as the focal point for Distributor supply issues and management within TGCS, including backlog accuracy, recovery date discrepancies, sizing requirements and meeting scheduled delivery commitments.
- Interface with TGCS Pricing to lead negotiations on special bid pricing requests by the Distributors by understanding specific customer requirements, unique market conditions and specific Business Partner requests. Ensuring special bids are handled in a practical and timely fashion.
- Communicate and train each Distributor on new processes at Toshiba as business needs change and evolve. Organize the facilitation of training sessions, along with the proper TGCS subject matter experts, to ensure Distributor compliance and understanding.
- Ensure all systems are properly working to enable Distributors to conduct daily business with Toshiba, including iStore, ordering guides, announcements, etc.
- Manage and monitor the RPQ process on behalf of the Distributors to ensure quick and successful creation, along with ordering facilitation of the required RPQs.
- Conduct cadence calls with each Distributor to help accurately forecast business requirements and supply needs. Interface with varied Toshiba Sales Personnel to ensure consistency in Distributor actions, Business Partners, and end-customer needs are met.
- Sustain and build relationships with Distributors in promoting Toshiba Products, and brand awareness. Ensure Distributor satisfaction through timely and complete responses to varied inquiries, resolution of top inhibitors, and proactive problem resolution/solution delivery.
- Ongoing communications with Distributors, including telephone and/or on-site visits.
- 5-8 years of Sales Operations experience, specifically in Business Partner channel management to act as single focal point and support the Distributor's to achieve the company revenue targets.
- In-depth business partner channel operations expertise and working knowledge of how business is conducted in a like program or within Toshiba.
- Working Oracle EBS knowledge or actual experience working within Toshiba EBS systems.
- Strong presentation skills with the capability of interacting with many levels of individuals both internally and externally.
- Works well in a cross functional environment and is able to plan, lead, organize and communicate effectively at all levels of the business.
- Skill in conflict management and conflict resolution and can deal with a number of high profile situations under a degree of stress.
- Maintains good working relationships with other functional company departments such as Supply Chain, Product Management, Marketing, Engineering, etc., to ensure both Distributor & company requirements are met or exceeded.
- Knowledge of the Point of Sale market along with specific Toshiba product knowledge.
- College Degree or Work Experience equivalent
- Must possess effective written and verbal communications skills.
- Should be able to demonstrate PC proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as learn any corporate or industry administrative software used by the position.
- Should have a demonstrated history displaying an in-depth knowledge of sales operations, business partner programs and fulfillment processes.
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email email@example.com to request an accommodation.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Distributor Advocate (Sales Operations Business Analyst III)
Requisition Number: SALES01701
EEO Employer Verbiage: