Accountant II - Revenue Lead
Job Number: 7501
Job Title: Accountant II - Revenue Team Lead
The Revenue Team Lead is an integral part of the revenue team, reporting directly to the Revenue Manager. The Revenue Team Lead has responsibility for operational and technical accounting aspects of the Company's hardware, software, and maintenance revenue streams. This is an excellent opportunity to join a lean and nimble team at a growing company. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of revenue accounting systems, processes and best practices along with a thorough knowledge of revenue accounting technical requirements. The candidate must be detail oriented, have strong organization and communication skills and be very hands-on.
Responsibilities of the Incumbent in the Role:
- Own the revenue cycle including review of contracts to determine appropriate revenue recognition in accordance with current and emerging accounting pronouncements
- Responsible for the monthly revenue close, which includes review of transaction processing, preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations and analysis of revenue and deferred revenue
- Establish strong working relationships with key contacts in other departments including Sales, Product Management, Sales Operations, Legal and IT
- Proactively research technical revenue issues and respond to revenue questions related to new or non-standard contract terms, product/service offerings and marketing programs
- Prepare management reports including revenue analysis and metrics
- Assist with development of new models and reports to support revenue forecasting function
- Manage processes to measure and maintain global VSOE and BESP compliance
- Review customer arrangements and external communications for proper revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and revenue recognition accounting standards
- Prepare audit and quarterly review schedules
- Ensure financial systems are appropriate for tasks performed and are developed, tested and implemented appropriately
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of revenue recognition & deferred revenue experience
- 2+ years of experience as a Lead
- Knowledge of revenue recognition US GAAP (ASC 985-605, ASC 605-25, ASC 985-606)
- Excellent presentation and communication skills are required to communicate technical accounting requirements to non-technical audience
- Detailed-oriented with excellent analytical skills
- Excellent computer skills with MS Office software, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong financial systems background
- Big 4 Public Accounting or corporate experience
- Oracle experience
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.
State: North Carolina
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
Community / Marketing Title: Accountant II - Revenue Lead
Requisition Number: ACCOU01028