Accountant II - Cost Accountant
Job Number: 7507
Job Title: Accountant II - Cost Accountant
The Cost Accountant is an integral part of the Cost Accounting team, reporting directly to the Cost Accounting Manager. The Cost Accountant position is accountable for the ongoing analysis of cost, forecasts, budgets and tracing costs back to underlying activities. The position has a strong focus on inventory management and manufacturing accounting. The role will provide accurate financial and statistical data in order for management to make timely and informed decisions concerning financial performance of the business
Responsibilities of the Cost Accountant:
- Planning, studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as inventory, shipping and warranty.
- Analyzing data collected and recording results
- Recording cost information for use in controlling expenditures
- Analyze actuals versus budget/forecast and distribute monthly reports
- Create monthly, quarterly & yearly budgets and forecasts
- Assisting in month end close of the general ledger
- Monitors cycle count program
- Reconciles finished goods inventories
- Assist with other duties and special projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of Accounting & Finance experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong cost systems background and excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principles.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent experience
- Experience with Oracle
- Experience working with engineering and manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of cost standards
- Experience working in a global manufacturing environment
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.
State: North Carolina
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
Community / Marketing Title: Accountant II - Cost Accountant
Requisition Number: ACCOU01046