IT Specialist IV - Applications Services Manager
Job Number: 8520
Job Title: IT Specialist IV - Application Services Manager
The IT Specialist IV - Application Services Manager role couples strong communication abilities with extensive application project and program management skills to ensure that the business computing systems are efficiently and effectively delivered by the outsourced Application Management Services provider or external systems implementation consulting firm.
Reporting to the Director of Separation working with the US TGCS Management Team, Toshiba TEC IT leadership and support organizations located in Japan, this role is responsible for coordinating the application systems activities to transition the RSS business from go-live through hypercare to day-to-day application service delivery and management activities. This position functions as part of a global information technology organization supporting TGCS business operations in 44 countries worldwide.
The role is viewed as being located in the US at the TGCS Headquarters location in Raleigh/Durham, NC but will require 5% to 10% travel
Responsibilities of the IT Specialist IV - Application Service Manager:
- Leads the implementation and deployment activities to ensure that TGCS IT application management and business support requirements are implemented according to the TGCS and industry (ex. ITIL) standards
- Works closely with AMS counterpart(s) to ensure timely and effective task completion
- Coordinates application service levels and service level objectives and recommends action plans
- Tracks and reports project status to TGCS management
- Supports the planning of the TGCS application budgets and support requirements
- Analyzes TGCS IT applications and develops application technical support, management strategies and processes consistent with Toshiba TGCS, TTEC, and industry (ex. ITIL) IT standards
- Performs change and enhancement reviews with IBM, TGCS and Toshiba TEC team members to ensure compliance with TGCS and TTEC policies and standards
- Identifies and resolves escalated application issues for both incidents and service requests
- Serves as the TGCS IT application interface for the ongoing operation of the IT application services under the AMS outsourcing contract
- Works with IBM to coordinate change and release schedules
- Participates and assists other technical personnel in crisis management (outage) scenarios and provides root cause analysis of events
- Reviews estimates of effort, scope of work (work content) and timeline of supplier provided statements of work for supplier provided solutions
- Leads the assessment of the options for determining IT application solution strategy and direction
- Manages the exit services activities with IBM and any associated subcontractors ensuring a smooth transition to the new application systems environment
- Supports transition planning and execution with TGCS and Toshiba TEC leadership
- Evaluate new solutions, applications, and IT service providers to meet new business requirements including RFP development
- Negotiate with IT software and service vendors and support contract development
- Bachelor's degree with course work in computer science, information systems and business management
- Minimum five-years in senior IT management roles focusing on application project and program leadership
- 5-8+ years of experience in IT in applications management
- PMP or equivalent certification with 3-5 years experience leading global IT programs with demonstrated experience in collaborating with corporate subsidiaries and departments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience and knowledge of outsourcing contact management and vendor management in a managed services environment. (Knowledge of IBM Internal IT organizations including CIO and Commercial IT (IGS) services organizations is a plus)
- Other Professional Training desired: Budgeting and Financial Management, Enterprise Architecture, Business Process Automation, ERP (OracleEBS), CRM
- Knowledge of IT Industry Standards in Project Management, Service delivery and support (i.e. ITIL, CMMI, ISO, Six Sigma, PMI, Prince 2.)
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowes Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, CVS, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: IT Specialist IV - Applications Services Manager
Requisition Number: ITSPE01093
EEO Employer Verbiage: