Junior Java Developer
Job Number: 8755
Job Title: Junior Java Developer
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is seeking a Junior Java Developer to join our team in Bentonville, AR. The Junior Java Developer will work with a team of developers to design, develop, and support customizations to both Toshiba GCS software products and customer owned software solutions. As a client facing developer, you will also leverage your in-depth knowledge of our complex solution stack to facilitate on-site installation and configuration at our customer locations, performing troubleshooting and issue resolution as required.
In this role, you will play a crucial part in the creation of high-quality deliverables, working with a team of developers and testers at our Bentonville-based headquarters. Just as importantly, you will occasionally travel to our customer locations to facilitate the successful delivery of major project milestones.
Responsibilities of the Junior Java Developer:
- Designs, develop, and support user interfaces for retail applications completing programming using languages and software products
- Conduct design and code review to ensure compliance with standards
- Designs and codes programs; creates test transactions and runs tests; revises as necessary
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems, including encoding, testing, debugging and installing for a large-scale system.
- Updating release notes by documenting new features, fixes, and notable setup or configuration; reviewing release notes with customers
- Monitoring builds and collaborating with DevOps and test team members to resolve build issues
- Troubleshooting deployment issues in conjunction with DevOps and test team members
- At least 1 year of experience in a similar role
- Strong hands on development experience using Core Java/J2EE
- Experience building Java applications from scratch
- Experience in both Agile and Waterfall software development lifecycles
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Strong interest in customer interaction and mentoring, and a willingness to travel as needed during key project milestones
- Triage and troubleshooting techniques in time-critical situations
- Basic networking configurations and troubleshooting
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with java frameworks such as Spring, Camel, and Hibernate
- Experience with Message Bus technologies including MQTT and ActiveMQ
- Source code management, specifically Accurev and Git
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bentonville, Arkansas US
Community / Marketing Title: Junior Java Developer
Requisition Number: JUNIO01105
EEO Employer Verbiage: