DevOps / Field Engineer
Job Number: 8756
Job Title: DevOps / Field Engineer
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is currently seeking a DevOps / Field Engineer to join our team in Bentonville, AR. The DevOps/Field Engineer supports and enhances our development, lab, and continuous integration and delivery platforms, working closely with the development and test teams to optimize the build-test-deploy cycle. You will also leverage your in-depth knowledge of our complex solution stack to facilitate on-site installation and configuration at our customer locations, performing troubleshooting and issue resolution as required.
In this role, you will play a crucial part in the creation of high-quality deliverables, supporting developers and testers at our Bentonville-based headquarters. You will design or improve automation for builds, testing, configuration, and deployment. In addition, you'll produce documentation describing these processes as well as end-user (customer) instructions for proper installation of our solution. Just as importantly, you will occasionally travel to our customer locations to facilitate the successful delivery of major project milestones.
Responsibilities of the DevOps / Field Engineer:
- Implementing, maintaining, and enhancing build processes using Maven, Ivy, Perl, Python, Jenkins and Nexus with the support of the development and test teams
- Delivering build products to the test team and to our customers, and ensuring correctness of build deployment in customer environments
- Integrating C/C++ applications and libraries into new and/or existing CI chains
- Updating release notes by documenting new features, fixes, and notable setup or configuration; reviewing release notes with customers
- Monitoring builds and collaborating with developers to resolve build issues
- Extending test automation capabilities (Selenium, Cucumber), authoring test scripts, and mentoring others
- Managing the suite of automated tests and resolving failures in collaboration with the test and development teams
- Establishing reproducible, optimized platforms/environments for developers, testers, and infrastructure machines (i.e., build servers) with automated provisioning
- Troubleshooting deployment issues for developers, testers, and our customers
- Improving build performance and reporting, and introducing automation wherever possible
- Strong understanding of continuous integration concepts, tools that comprise a CI pipeline, and experience establishing and maintaining a CI environment
- Scripting and/or programming to customize a toolchain
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Strong interest in customer interaction and mentoring, and a willingness to travel as needed during key project milestones
- Triage and troubleshooting techniques in time-critical situations
- Comfort using:
- Linux-based servers (and shells), especially Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Ubuntu
- Application servers such as JBOSS 5.1; WebSphere 7.0, 8.0, 8.5; WebLogic 12c, etc.
- VMware vSphere server or other virtualization tools
- Basic networking configurations and troubleshooting
- At least 3-5 years in a similar role or development role
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field
- Maven concepts, ideally modification and maintenance of Maven POMs and management of the artifact repository via Sonatype Nexus
- Experience with Ivy including writing and maintaining Ant scripts that incorporate Ivy functions.
- Installation and administration of Hudson/Jenkins and the associated build configurations
- Source code management specifically GIT and AccuRev.
- Experience/familiarity with Selenium and/or Cucumber for test automation
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bentonville, Arkansas US
Community / Marketing Title: DevOps / Field Engineer
Requisition Number: DEVOP01104