Professional Services Delivery Manager
Job Number: 8760
Job Title: Professional Services Delivery Manager
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is seeking a Professional Services Delivery Manager to join our team in Bentonville, AR. Our Professional Services organization provides custom software solutions for some of the world's largest retailers, partnering with brands like Walmart, Kroger, Petco, and Kohl's to deliver innovative consumer experiences leveraging a wide range of technologies.
This opportunity will contribute to our Bentonville, AR based professional services team's usage of a range of hardware and software platforms in conjunction with one of our largest clients.
The Professional Services Delivery Manager (SDM) will lead a team of 10 - 20 direct reports consisting of project managers, software developers, software business analysts and support specialists. The SDM is responsible for execution and growth of the professional services (custom software development) portfolio delivered to a tier 1 retail client. The SDM will establish and grow trusted advisor relationships with the client, ensuring Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a vital component of the customer's current and future technology roadmap.
The SDM will also work closely with all other TGCS teams (Client team, Maintenance team, Sales team) engaged on the account. As new Products and Services are introduced into the account, the SDM will participate in resource planning and allocation to meet the obligations resulting from the new Product and/or Service.
Responsibilities of the Professional Services Delivery Manager:
- Establish credible operational relationships with clients around store applications and professional services to drive customer satisfaction and TGCS business results
- Engage in both internal and customer facing planning sessions
- Perform personnel administrative tasks such as expense reports, equipment orders, and vacation approval
- Run a Project Management Office for the assigned portfolio of projects to track project plans, resolve project issues, and report status to upper management.
- Resolve resource requirements across multiple projects and customer commitments
- Support previously delivered solutions
- Provide human resources management including goal setting, evaluations and skills development for a team of 10-20 software professionals
- Participate in customer status meetings as required.
- Promote best practices in software development across the Professional Services Practice
- 1+ years of management experience in a technology field
- At least 2 years of resource management experience
- Prior straight line HR management responsibilities
- Strong leadership and crisis management skills
- Ability to understand high-level technology concepts and communicate to non-IT managers and senior managers
- Skilled in MS Office
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a technology field
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Enjoyable personality and aptitude for fun, team-oriented and competitive environments
- Experience with software development project management through the entire software development life cycle
- Strong technical and business communication skills
- Customer relationship experience
- 5+ years of prior experience in software development
- 5+ years of prior experience in PM/PGM role
- 5+ years of experience in a customer facing Services role
- PMP Certification
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bentonville, Arkansas US
Community / Marketing Title: Professional Services Delivery Manager
Requisition Number: PROFE01100
EEO Employer Verbiage: