Accountant III - Statutory & Compliance Accountant
Job Number: 9167
Job Title: Accountant III - Statutory & Compliance Accountant
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is currently seeking an Accountant III - Statutory & Compliance Accountant to join our team in Durham, NC. The Accountant III will work closely with our international accounting and finance teams in the Asia Pacific region to ensure that Statutory Audits are completed accurately and on time.
Responsibilities of the Accountant III - Statutory & Compliance Accountant:
- Oversee all aspects of Statutory Audits for Asia Pacific region countries
- Keep audits on track and on time. This is extremely important due to fines and assessments that could be incurred
- Maintain Secondary ledger for the purpose of the audits
- Run and review the Trial Balance. Input any known adjustments to the USGAAP balances.
- Complete Auditor PBC (requests) files
- Review Audit adjustments and notify GMU Controller of any issues
- Complete subsequent event testing and partner review follow up questions
- Maintain the Schedule of Statutory Financial Statement and Tax returns
- Review/research local tax government regulations
- Work with the local Financial managers and TGCS Tax department
- Other duties as assigned by the Regional Controller and Deputy Controller
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of experience in Accounting/Finance role
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and to be able to prioritize
- Ability to meet deadlines on a consistent basis
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to research and learn the international government regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- 5+ years of international accounting & finance experience.
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.
State: North Carolina
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
Community / Marketing Title: Accountant III - Statutory & Compliance Accountant
Requisition Number: ACCOU01117