Accounting Analyst III
Job Number: 9168
Job Title: Accounting Analyst III
Location: Beijing, China
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is seeking an Accounting Analyst III to join our team in Beijing, China. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and able to work independently to accomplish the regional responsibilities within Greater China as assigned in support of the regional Controller. This role is hands-on and involves all aspects of Greater China country-level finance and accounting, including budgeting, forecasting, analysis of actuals vs budget or forecast as well as year over year fluctuation. All statutory compliance for financial statement preparation including footnotes, annual audits and BS reconciliations.
Responsibilities of the Accounting Analyst III:
- Oversee the follow-up and control of payroll data and related benefits accounting
- Prepare BS reconciliations and manage aged items for clearing
- Coordinate Statutory accounting in close coordination with the US team. Work closely with KMPG using Link 360 project tool.
- Conversion from US GAAP to local GAAP
- Support the data requirements with KPMG to complete the local annual tax return in collaboration with the Region or country tax staff
- Maintain relationships with local offices of compliance providers
- Monitor balance sheets of all legal entities within the region ensuring they are properly reconciled and supported while participating in other activities as defined - month-end financial reviews, etc.
- Work closely with the broader accounting organization located in Durham, NC as well as with KPMG and E&Y local teams to execute the country and management reporting needs for the business
- Partner with the country and regional operations teams to understand results and help improve business performance
- Proactively ensure the continuity and accuracy of required data for statutory accounting and reporting for legal entities in the region of responsibility in the new Oracle environment
- Understand the business and assure proper accounting to reflect the results of the business
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- 5+ years of experience in a financial accounting and analysis role.
- Exposure with local accounting standards/GAAP within each country of regional oversight as well as US GAAP
- Balance sheet reconciliation analysis - preparation, age item clearing
- Strong spoken and written business English skills
- Must be a collaborator and team player, but able to work independently
- Willing to work as a partner to the business and proactively identify solutions to complex accounting or financial issues.
- Experience working in a global, matrixed company environment across time zones
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- CPA/Charted Accountant or equivalent certification preferred
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Beijing, Beijing CN
Community / Marketing Title: Accounting Analyst III
Requisition Number: ACCOU01118
EEO Employer Verbiage: