Manager, Business Operations - Real Estate & Facilities
Job Number: 9493
Manager, Business Operations - Real Estate & Facilities (HR-060517-001b)
The Manager, Real Estate and Facilities position is one with an interdisciplinary responsibility devoted to the coordination of space, infrastructure, people and organization. The Manager, Real Estate and Facilities reports to the Director of Real Estate and Facilities, and is expected to drive processes and procedures on both a strategic-tactical and operational level. The position requires a high level of collaboration with Human Resources, Information Technology, Finance and Legal departments within the organization.
The primary management role is comprised of the following areas: direct, manage, and provide general support and guidance related to the real estate portfolio, facility management and operations, including but not limited to, site selection, lease negotiation/management, building operations and maintenance, project management, emergency preparedness and business continuity, move/relocation management, fleet management and vendor/service contract management.
Responsibilities of the Incumbent in the Role:
- Review and negotiate lease and sublease terms
- Plan, control and direct real estate activities such as identifying and acquiring or leasing office space, moving offices, refurbishments of both new and existing facilities and maintaining physical security over properties
- Manage all service contracts and procurement relating to the property management and facilities services
- Manage expenses and projects within approved budgeted levels and to schedule
- Develop, propose and maintain the asset/property management plan including long term footprint of the main office locations
- Responsible for office furniture planning and disposition, mailroom services, kitchen services, concession services, refreshment services, office supplies, occupancy planning, move coordination, assist with real estate disposition activities and facilities related purchasing activities.
- Develop strategies for the management of the financial impact of real estate to minimization real estate expenses and enhance the optimization of operating expenses vs. square feet of facilities occupied
- Manage brokers, coordinate financial analyses, partner with legal resources, and guide documents through the approval process
- Direct and manage high priority construction projects from conception to finished facility or structure, interfacing with internal stakeholders and external architects and construction professionals
- Establish and execute global security policies and procedures ensuring a safe, controlled and secure work environment
- Create, update and control compliance procedures with to ensure compliance
- Identify and manage opportunities to standardize operating procedures across multiple sites to optimize operations, reduce costs and guarantee on time and consistent delivery of services and experiences
- Resolve issues with landlords and subtenants
- Provide guidance to lease administration team and support and drive the creation and implementation of global lease administration best practices and processes
- Manage and promote environmental stewardship consistent with best practices to reduce, reuse and recycle resources to eliminate waste and control costs
- Work collaboratively with many cross-functioning departments regularly.
- Highly organized and effective communication is a must.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years Facilities and Real Estate experience with a minimum of 5 years in a managerial position
- Real estate management skills - involving transaction management and property management in a corporate environment (incl. valuation, markets, deal structuring, property management, lease administration, and principles of real estate law)
- Facilities management skills - facilities engineering, project planning, maintenance, fleet management, mailroom operations, security systems and investigation.
- In depth understanding of commercial lease terms and excellent negotiation skills
- Previous experience working directly with C-level executive
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Strong project management skills
- Self-motivated and willing to take initiative with little or no direction
- Strong sense of urgency and a bias for taking action
- Ability to adjust priorities in an ever changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with lease administration databases.
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Business Operations - Real Estate & Facilities
Requisition Number: MANAG01129
EEO Employer Verbiage: