Program Manager - Self-Service Hardware
Location: Durham, North Carolina US
Job Number: 24085
Program Manager - Self-Service Hardware (DEV-061919-051b)
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is seeking a highly-skilled hardware Program Manager to join our team in Research Triangle Park, NC. The Self-Service Hardware Program Manager will be responsible for the hardware product development as well as customer specific custom hardware solutions for our fast-growing Self-Service product line. This position reports to the Director, Hardware Development.
- Manage the project team to insure maximum performance while providing direction and motivation.
- Lead projects from requirements definition through general availability, while identifying schedule, scope, budgets, implementation plans, including risk mitigation.
- Coordinate internal and external resources, ensuring projects remain within scope, schedule, and cost, in collaboration with project staff from cross functional departments.
- Analyze and communicate project progress with key stakeholders. As necessary, adapt scope, timelines and cost to ensure that the project team adheres to project requirements.
- Maintain day-to-day contact with team members on project status and changes
- Establish and maintain processes to manage scope over the project lifecycle, setting project quality and performance standards, and assessing and managing risk within, and across, multiple projects
- Structure and manage integrated, multi-track project performance databases for multiple digital, print, social, broadcast, and experiential projects, with an eye on overall progress
- Develop and maintain partnerships with outside resources—including third-party vendors and researchers
- Monitor and assign resources appropriately to streamline project efficiency and maximize deliverable outputs
- Report project outcomes and/or risks to the appropriate management channels as needed—escalating issues as necessary based on project work plans
- Research market and customer needs by visiting existing and prospective retail customers in targeted market segments
- Drive competitive and complementary solution analysis and compete strategies against established players and new threats
- Build market positioning for hardware component of solution offering
- Own solution hardware roadmap, providing business requirements for functionality, cost, and solution interdependencies to hardware Product Development and Services program managers
- Manage and track progress against financial targets, including revenue, unit and lifecycle cost reduction, and market share
- Participate in Sales & Operating Planning for Self-Service solutions
- Support execution of strategic partnerships, customer engagements, and drive new business growth
- Lead cross-functional process improvement efforts to reduce cost and decrease cycle time
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience in hardware program/project management
- Team leadership and influence; able to create accountability and buy-in with stakeholders without formal authority
- Must have experience leading many projects at once
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to articulate project/program insights clearly and persuasively to all levels of executives and management
- Strong presentation skills
- Previous success in delivering hardware solutions
- Experience in global, cross functional, project management.
- Strong attention to deadlines and budgetary commitments
- Professional certification - including PMP
- Experience with Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen, or other continuous improvement methodology
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Program Manager - Self-Service Hardware
Requisition Number: SRPRO01842
EEO Employer Verbiage: