Professional Services Software Engineer III - TCx Elevate
Location: Bentonville, Arkansas US
Job Number: 24174
Professional Services Software Engineer - TCx Elevate
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is seeking a Professional Services Software Engineer to build and support custom software solutions for some of the world's largest retailers. We partner with brands like Walmart, Kroger, and Safeway to deliver innovative consumer experiences leveraging a wide range of technologies. This opportunity will support TCx Elevate, our newest software platform for connected consumer experiences across any device, from any location.
Our developers are often involved in the entire project lifecycle: they interact directly with our retail clients or partner vendors to understand and document requirements; they collaborate with the implementation and test teams on design and development; and, they oversee delivery and provide ongoing support for their work.
Retailers continue to evolve the shopping experience through technology, so our work is ever-changing and challenging. If you have a passion for high-quality software and outstanding customer service, come join our talented team and build exciting new experiences that will touch people every day!
This role requires experience building solutions based on Java technologies, including integration with RESTful microservices and providing web-based client-side experiences. The ideal candidate will excel in our fast-paced, collaborative, customer-first environment and will contribute in a variety of ways, including:
- Providing work effort estimates for new function
- Collaborating with the client or partner vendors to understand requirements and architectures
- Contributing to functional specifications and/or high-level designs to meet defined requirements
- Developing new custom function and providing defect resolution
- Reviewing functional verification tests
- Closely working with test teams to ensure a quality deliverable
- Contributing content for solution documentation
- Providing installation and configuration support for customers
This role is based in Research Triangle Park, NC. Occasional travel to a customer site may be required.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Computer science fundamentals including object-oriented concepts, data structures and related algorithms
- At least 3 years developing and supporting modern Java-based applications
- Familiarity with the software engineering lifecycle and methodologies
- Proficiency with Windows- and Linux-based operating systems, including software installation, light administration and simple scripting
- Experience integrating with RESTful web services
- Skills developing and supporting web applications
- Experience developing distributed applications
- Familiarity with retail concepts and/or applications
- Experience with retail POS devices and JavaPOS
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package including the following:
- Group health coverage (medical, dental, & vision)
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- 401(k) plan (with company match)
- Company provided life insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee discounts
- Generous paid holiday schedule, paid vacation & sick/personal business/volunteer days
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion-dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bentonville, Arkansas US
Community / Marketing Title: Professional Services Software Engineer III - TCx Elevate
Requisition Number: SOFTW01868
EEO Employer Verbiage: