Location: Durham, North Carolina US
Job Number: 24346
Events Planner (MKTG-072319-001b)
The Events Planner will oversee all event activity, responsible for managing events from research to conception to budget reconciliation to ROI tracking, and align them with marketing strategy and business goals in order to increase revenue growth, ensure customer satisfaction, and build partner and employee engagement.
- Responsible for logistics management on large corporate events, smaller special events, and tradeshows.
- Collaborate as part of the event marketing team to find efficiencies, implement best practices, and support other event projects from across the function as assigned. Work cross functionally, define and execute on the program goals, messages, audience generation/email campaigns, speaker plan, collateral, event website and registration, and event logistics.
- Design and facilitate internal events, including audio-visual production, collateral design, creation and procurement, logistics, budgeting, negotiation and client service.
- Manage logistical requirements for planning, staging, and shipping or tradeshow properties, products and supporting elements.
- Work with Marketing team to prepare ROI evaluation of events.
- Research and evaluate potential guest speakers and live acts for events.
- Responsible for measuring and reporting on the effectiveness of events, including leads and other metrics.
- Manage relationships with outside vendors
- Managing operational and administrative functions to ensure specific projects are delivered efficiently
- Provide feedback and periodic reports to stakeholders
- Propose ideas to improve provided services and event quality
- Organize facilities and manage all event's details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material etc
- Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations
- Specify staff requirements and coordinate their activities
- Cooperate with marketing and PR to promote and publicize event
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day
- Conduct pre- and post - event evaluations and report on outcomes
- Research market, identify event opportunities and generate interest
- Travelling to on-site inspections and project managing events
- 5+ years of experience in event marketing (Event Manager, Event Producer, Event Coordinator or Meeting Planner)
- Bachelor's degree (communications, hospitality, and marketing preferred)
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects and contributors at once
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Strong negotiation skills and experience negotiating vendor contracts
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong leadership skills to lead staff at events and hold others accountable to schedules, roles, and responsibilities
- Ability to maintain confidence, preparedness, and calm in hectic event situations
- Knowledge of Cvent or similar software as well as MS word, excel, PPT, etc.
- CMP (Certified Meeting Planner) or related industry certification
- Technology industry is a huge plus
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Events Planner
Requisition Number: EVENT01897
EEO Employer Verbiage: