Development Manager, Test
Location: Durham, North Carolina US
Job Number: 24383
Job Title: Development Manager, Test (SVCS-082019-005b)
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is seeking a Development Manager to join our team in RTP, NC. Our Professional Services organization provides custom software solutions for some of the world's largest retailers, partnering with brands like Walmart, Kroger, Lowes Foods, and Kohl's to deliver innovative consumer experiences leveraging a wide range of technologies.
The Development Manager will lead a team of 10 - 20 direct software test engineer reports. The Manager is responsible for execution and growth of the Professional Services custom software development portfolio in one or more solution areas. The Manager will establish and grow trusted advisor relationships with clients, ensuring Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a vital component of each customer's current and future technology roadmap.
The Manager will also work closely with all other TGCS teams (Client team, Product team, Sales team) involved in the solution area. As new Products and Services are introduced into the solution account, the Manager will participate in resource planning and allocation to meet the obligations resulting from the new Product and/or Service.
Responsibilities of the Professional Services Development Manager:
- Establish credible operational relationships with clients around store applications and Professional Services to drive client satisfaction and TGCS business results
- Engage in both internal and client facing planning sessions
- Perform personnel administrative tasks such as expense reports, equipment orders, and vacation approval
- Resolve resource requirements across multiple projects and client commitments
- Provide human resources management including goal setting, evaluations and skills development for a team of 10-20 software professionals
- Participate in client status meetings as required.
- Promote best practices in software testing across the Professional Services Practice
- Define and enforce consistent test methodology, process and reporting
- Define delivery models to provide throughput and support scaling
- Improve test effectiveness through focused coaching of testers/architects
- Develop test automation strategy and drive adoption
- 6+ years of prior experience in software development
- 2+ years of management experience in a technology field (or 4 years of experience in leadership role)
- 2+ years of test automation experience
- Ability to understand high-level technology concepts and communicate to non-IT managers and senior managers
- Skilled in MS Office
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a technology field
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Enjoyable personality and aptitude for fun, team-oriented and competitive environments
- Experience with software development project management through the entire software development life cycle including support
- Strong technical and business communication skills
- Client relationship experience
- Strong crisis management skills
- 2+ years of experience in a client facing Services role
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email email@example.com to request an accommodation
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Development Manager, Test
Requisition Number: MANAG01909
EEO Employer Verbiage: