Business Operations Planner III
Location: Durham, North Carolina US
Job Number: 24767
Business Operations Planner III (WWOPS-091719-005b)
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is looking for a Business Operations Planner to drive inventory costs down.
- Executive level focus to report inventory performance, budget control and cost-benefits
- Key focal point for Kaizens (lean inventory)
- Write up financial business cases and make project recommendations into the executive team
- Manage ad hoc projects to collect, assess and drive actions to completion across supply chain functions, sales and warehouse
- Identify slow moving inventory for sales purpose as possible promotions to effectively move inventory while minimizing inventory loss
- Analyze inventory flow to establish Lean inventory management focus for a demand-based pull flow to avoid excess inventory, while maintaining customers' needs
- Use inventory reporting and knowledge to achieve operational excellence and deliver cost savings to improve stock turnover or build up
- Excess Inventory Management - Identify actions, practices and policies that create excess inventory conditions and drive P/N level analysis to find solutions for slow moving inventory. Rebalance inventory across all TGCS organizations and regions.
- Inventory Loss and Reserve Recommendation analysis for forecasting, actuals and plan - Quarterly analysis of excess and product life cycles to assess inventory risk and make recommendations to Finance for appropriate levels of financial write-off.
- Create Inventory Budget with buy in from appropriate business owners
- Owns policy and procedures for disposing of Scrap - Perpetually analyze excess and obsolete inventory to recommend, rebalance, determine market value and disposal. Responsible to manage the process with warehouse, procurement and supplier to ensure CODs are recorded and financial transaction are completed.
- Responsible for audit readiness for inventory across all TGCS. Ensure proper procedures are documented, implemented and executed.
- 5+ years of 1st line management experience and leadership skills
- 5+ years of experience in supply chain and materials management (or 1 year of inventory experience)
- 5+ years of experience working with Manufacturing Finance, Cost Accounting or Project Manager
- Excellent analytical skills; ability to collect and analyze data, problem-solve, and make decisions
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, including familiarity with pivot tables and data mining
- Excellent presentation/written/verbal communications skills
- Strong leadership, with ability to resolve conflict across organizations
- Self-starter, ability to work without regular supervision
- Project Management experience
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions, Inc. offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package including the following:
- Group health coverage (medical, dental, & vision)
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- 401(k) plan (with company match)
- Company provided life insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee discounts
- Generous paid holiday schedule, paid vacation & sick/personal days
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email benefits@toshibagcs
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Business Operations Planner III
Requisition Number: BUSIN02051
EEO Employer Verbiage: