Accounts Payable Specialist
Location: Col.Lomas de Chapultepec, Mexico MX
Job Number: 24942
Key activities include, but are not limited to:
* Overall vendor management, seeking patterns, ad hoc activities, problem accounts, etc. to improve the overall accounts payable function and recommend/establish best practices. For example, for those vendors that are recurring or regular, i.e. utilities, rents, subscriptions, establishing review metrics to productively address issues that may arise due to process and or system issues.
* Weekly conference calls for the purpose of account reconciliation, addressing aged items, closing open requests of vendor personnel, i.e. banking information, improvement initiatives and so forth.
* Management, in conjunction with procurement of the accuracy of vendor data in Oracle, i.e. payment terms, banking information.
* Follow up on bank payments and when a payment fails, properly correcting the invoice(s) in Oracle and seeking remediation/repayment with disbursements.
* Review of the weekly accounts payable aging and understand all vendors in the assigned geography and an understanding of the products and/or services provided.
* Review of the weekly accounts payable aging for the assigned geography and ensuring that all vendors are current.
* Follow up and timely resolution of all invoices on hold in the assigned geography.
- Collaboration with local teams to ensure immediate and efficient resolution of all problems in the assigned geography.
- Partner with procurement to ensure purchase orders are properly utilized and coded, while working with vendors to ensure the same.
- Ensure all accounts payable records are maintained in accordance with Mexico electronic accounting requirements
The position reports directly to the US-based Accounts Payable Manager but with a strong dotted-line to the Mexico City based Manager of Accounting and Compliance
Required Skills and Expertise
- Minimum 2 - 5 years of relevant Accounts Payable experience
- Fluency in English is a required skill
- Experience with Oracle accounts payable module
- Strong communication skills and work habits; willing to work proactively to manage deadlines and improve processes
- Experience working in a large multi-national company and multi-currency environment desirable
- Prior roles working directly with a US-based management or accounts payable team a big plus
- Experience with managing Mexico vendor requirements for CFDI / compliment of payments
City: Col.Lomas de Chapultepec
Location_formattedLocationLong: Col.Lomas de Chapultepec, Mexico MX
Community / Marketing Title: Accounts Payable Specialist
Requisition Number: ACCOU02088
EEO Employer Verbiage: