Director, Plant Operations
Location: Durham, North Carolina US
Job Number: 24973
Director, Plant Operations (WWOPS-102919-001b)
The plant Director will lead the operations of self-checkout (SCO) assembly and Depot to achieve our organizational strategy with emphasis on Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost Effectiveness. This will be accomplished through building and maintaining a talented and engaged team that is eager to innovate and continuously improve our performance by using Lean process methods. Tactical and Strategic skills will be required to succeed. This is a hand-on position where leading by example is very important. Delivering the target results every reporting period through best practices is critical to success.
- Create a culture where safety is the #1 priority
- Proactively Identify and correct safety risks, behaviors, and issues immediately
- Review any accident, incident, or near miss for root cause and implement countermeasure for process and or behaviors to prevent reoccurrence.
- Product Quality-Product shipped 100% complete. Internal 1st Pass Yield at or above 98%
- Deliver a consistently high-quality product to our customers
- Create a quality culture through quality control processes, metrics, and accountability
- Identify and resolve quality issues at the root cause and implement countermeasure timely to prevent reoccurrence.
- Delivery-On time delivery at or above 98% to promise date
- Manage scheduling, production, schedule, and suppliers to achieve exceptional delivery performance to our customers
- Manage through 3rd party logistics the delivery of products on or before promise dates.
- Cost/Business Management
- Manage budget with focus on expense management
- Manage Inventory to ensure turns are at or better than budget
- Develop and utilize SOPs to achieve $/unit goals
- Set and achieve annual improvement goals in S, Q, D, C metrics
- Leverage Lean process improvement principles to continuously improve.
- Build and maintain the employee engagement in daily improvement through KPI boards and daily huddles.
- Work collaboratively with the Corporate Continuous Improvement Team to drive rapid improvements.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 12+ years of plant management experience
- 6+ years of people management experience
- Lean Certified or demonstratable experience with Lean application and success required
- Six Sigma Green belt required
- Manufacturing/assembly experience
- High energy individual with an intense attention to detail required
- Inventory management experience
- Six Sigma black belt
- Experience with Oracle, ERP or MRP
- Depot repair experience
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion-dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions, Inc. offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package including the following:
- Group health coverage (medical, dental, & vision)
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- 401(k) plan (with company match)
- Company provided life insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee discounts
- Generous paid holiday schedule, paid vacation & sick/personal days
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email email@example.com to request an accommodation.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Plant Operations
Requisition Number: DIREC02095
EEO Employer Verbiage: