Professional Services Software Engineer II - Test
Location: Durham, North Carolina US
Job Number: 25158
Software Engineer II - Test
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is seeking a senior software test professional to lead the test efforts for custom solutions provided to Toshiba's Point of Sale (POS) clients. This role requires the skills and ability to manage the test delivery of multiple customer projects and provide leadership and guidance to testers to ensure delivery of quality software.
- Manage test team resources and ensure best practices are followed; take action when discrepancies arise.
- Review custom software design documents and participate in design review discussions.
- Provide test estimates for system setup and configuration, test case creation, execution time and resource requirements.
- Lead, guide and monitor the analysis, design, implementation and execution of test cases, test procedures and test results.
- Stage/set-up test environment including hardware and software installations.
- Manage test equipment inventory (Toshiba and Client's), track assets, coordinate with manager to acquire additional equipment.
- Set daily priorities and manage test activities to ensure project test schedules/deliveries are met.
- Communicate closely with the project team on test statuses, risks, mitigation plans, etc.
- Create test cases from software design documents, execute test cases, manage defects to resolution.
- Perform automation/API testing using internal and external tools (Postman, Cucumber, etc.).
- Create documentation for various initiatives including test plans, custom installation procedures, process improvements, etc.
- Provide on-site support (as needed) and work with clients upon software delivery, participate in external project meetings.
- Provide recommendations to the project team for shipping solutions to clients. Provide input to "Go"/"No Go" decisions.
- Experience with leading a team and managing deliveries for multiple clients.
- Experience with test methodologies and SDLC.
- Experience with setting up a test environment creating a full integrated solution.
- Test Automation experience (Postman, Selenium, Jenkins, Cucumber, TestNG).
- BA/BS in computer programming or related field.
- Able to read, write and speak English proficiently and be an effective verbal and written communicator.
- Able to present statuses in a clear concise manner to management and clients.
- Point of Sale (POS) test experience.
- Mobile test experience.
- Experience with setting up wireless networks.
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package including the following:
- Group health coverage (medical, dental, & vision)
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- 401(k) plan (with company match)
- Company provided life insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee discounts
- Generous paid holiday schedule, paid vacation & sick/personal business/volunteer days
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion-dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email email@example.com to request an accommodation.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Professional Services Software Engineer II - Test
Requisition Number: PROFE02144
EEO Employer Verbiage: