Compliance Engineer (Hardware Engineer IV)
Location: Durham, North Carolina US
Job Number: 25197
Compliance Engineer (Hardware Engineer IV) - DEV-111919-010i
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is currently looking for an experienced Compliance Engineer who will be responsible for managing agency compliance for the Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions (TGCS) point of sale products. This will be accomplished by developing and executing compliance programs, advising the development teams on compliance requirements, maintaining documentation, and preventing and/or resolving compliance issues in all the regions of the world where Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions does business. The ideal candidate will interact with the hardware development, supply chain, legal and other internal and external teams to ensure product compliance from a global viewpoint.
Responsibilities of the Compliance Engineer:
- Be a key member of the compliance team for compliance and regulation activities for TGCS products
- Be a key strategic resource for TGCS on regulatory, standards and compliance requirements.
- Monitor and communicate external trends that lead to potential changes in standards, regulatory, and compliance documents.
- Act as the organization focal point of contact for external entities such as UL, Intertek, and other agencies.
- Contribute to the alignment of marketing, development, and compliance activities globally
- Proactively guide development project teams in support of new innovative product development.
- Be accountable for ensuring TGCS product designs meet all agency, standards, and regulatory requirements and obtain certifications.
- Review compliance impact of new and modified engineering documentation, such as drawings, proposed engineering changes and provide subject matter expertise for the proper disposition.
- Assist in maintaining certifications by ensuring product modifications are compliant.
- Attend meetings, providing regulatory expertise and direction for products, being able to relate products to regulatory requirements.
- Ensure accuracy of content of all test reports and certificates issued by global test agencies.
- Ensure that all required information (i.e. warning statements, compliance statements, output power, energy consumption data, etc.) is current in all affected product literature and that all data, product, and carton labels are accurate.
- BS degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
- 6 - 10 years with Compliance Engineering experience in the IT or medical field.
- Working experience with regulatory agencies. Intertek, UL, DOE, etc.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret standards, legislation, regulations, technical journals and legal documents
- Ability to respond to inquiries from internal and external customers, regulatory and governmental agencies
- Ability to effectively organize, present and communicate information to management, teams and approval agencies
- Excellent follow-up skills, organization and detail orientation
- High standards of integrity required
- An effective problem solver, with ability to utilize analytical techniques to resolve conceptual issues.
- Must be willing to travel as required
- Understanding of applicable regulatory standards in relation to our products and requirements to obtain global product certification, including, but not limited to, IEC/EN 60950 and IEC/EN 62638.
- Strong work ethic
- Strong sense of urgency and driving issues to closure
- Meets deadlines and produces high quality work
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments
- Ability to adapt with needs of business Team player
- Requirement to work with people internationally
- Lead experience is a huge plus
- Hands-on experience for EMC/EMI/RF exposure regulatory compliance for FCC/ISED. Experience with standard professional test lab equipment and processes for certification.
- Solid interpersonal skills and communication skills (written, verbal and presentation). Able to effectively communicate technical information to audiences of all levels, including external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated specialized technical knowledge and leadership, and application of that knowledge in an innovative manner.
- Proven ability to simultaneously and independently manage multiple tasks, solve problems, lead projects and work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex tasks/assignments using independent judgment and with limited supervision.
- Strong documentation skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to function and contribute in a team environment.
- Possess good leadership, presentation and communication skills
- Experience in Hardware or Software functional testing
- Configuration Management discipline
- Experience with product safety standards and regulations.
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions, Inc. offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package including the following:
- Group health coverage (medical, dental, & vision)
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- 401(k) plan (with company match)
- Company provided life insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee discounts
- Generous paid holiday schedule, paid vacation & sick/personal days
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email email@example.com to request an accommodation
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Compliance Engineer (Hardware Engineer IV)
Requisition Number: HARDW02147
EEO Employer Verbiage: