Junior Technical Project Manager
Location: Durham, North Carolina US
Job Number: 25520
Technical Project Manager (DEV-052019-010b)
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is seeking a Technical Project Manager to join an high performing team developing software solutions for the Retail Marketplace. The Technical Project Manager will be responsible for driving a team of programmers, testers, software architects and other supporting roles throughout all phases of the software development life cycle from concept, to product release, to life cycle management. The Project Manager will use Agile and Project Management development processes and best practices to ensure quality, on-time, on-budget deliverables.
The Project Manager will represent the SW Development organization at cross-functional teams trusted with defining, developing, releasing and maintaining products and solutions. This is an excellent opportunity for a Technical Project Manager to apply his/her knowledge to deliver innovative products to the retail marketplace. You'll be able to work with an outstanding team of professionals and experience the fruits of your labor at major retailers - locally and worldwide.
- Successfully lead complex projects by guiding a development team to define, plan, deliver and support high-quality software products and solutions.
- Act as the single point of contact for all development activities.
- Manage product feature-function content, facilitating sizing activities with the technical team.
- Develop product release schedules, committing those schedules to the business and ensuring timely execution.
- Present project status and recommendations to management.
- Complete all work items including legal clearances, regulatory requirements, product classifications and ensure that products meet industry standards.
- Interact with stakeholders as appropriate to discuss product functionality, performance, plans and field support escalations.
- Identify and resolve problems, gaps, and challenges in the software engineering processes
- Foster an environment of collaboration, trust, and accountability.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science field or equivalent experience.
- Strong project management skills with a minimum of 2 years of software development Project Management experience in the software industry.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with team members dispersed across multiple countries and time zones.
- High level understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Experience with the Agile/Scrum process applied to software development.
- PMP, Agile or equivalent certifications.
- Working knowledge of project management tools such as Jira or VersionOne.
- Domain knowledge in the area of Retail.
- Expectation is 10% travel.
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions, Inc. offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package including the following:
- Group health coverage (medical, dental, & vision)
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- 401(k) plan (with company match)
- Company provided life insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee discounts
- Generous paid holiday schedule, paid vacation & sick/personal days
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Junior Technical Project Manager
Requisition Number: TECHN02191
EEO Employer Verbiage: