Technical Client Advocate
Location: Deerfield, Illinois US
Job Number: 26179
Job Title: Technical Client Advocate
Introduction: Responsible for providing technical support assistance and guidance at a Client Account on TGCS and non-TGCS retail systems, self-checkout systems, retail banking systems, total store services, along with servers and associated storage. Has shared accountability of the team for customer satisfaction with the services provided, which include some or all of the following: Whole product and/or component advance exchange or swap and on-premise basic product & store equipment problem diagnosis, adjustment and/or repair. This also includes product staging, shipping and providing tracking information to store and TGCS field personnel. May also perform equipment refurbishment, installation, relocation, discontinuance, product level engineering and configuration changes, upgrades and/or modifications, to products using established documentation and procedures. As required, this resource will also update field documentation used by field personnel. Resource is required to be onsite at client's corporate office, interacting with the client on a daily basis, representing TGCS to the Client. Software/application skills are needed to access the client tool set that are required to fulfill contractual obligations in support of their environment along with having responsible for a queue in the client's Remedy system for lost or missing items in order to get a replacement device shipped from the client's corporate office to configure and ship to store locations. This also involves ticket closures in the client's system along with providing email communications to stores or management requiring escalation updates.
Responsibilities: Process development and design are required as existing and / or new projects and or opportunities present themselves. Resource will on a regular basis perform problem determination with TGCS resources, providing direction and communication to them as they perform store activities. Creativity and feedback to the client on process improvements is part of the ongoing activities. Resource will be the TGCS representative to the client and work very closely with the client's Technology Operations Manager and other personnel. Travel may often be required to visit local and remote sites.
- Applies specialized technical training and experience to affect product repair on retail store products for their assigned Client Account. Utilizes this experience and knowledge to assist and educate other SRs.
- Demonstrates required proficiency in general technical skills and specific product/systems/services skills for this position. Seeks out and exchanges new technical skills as required for the RSMB market place.
- Maintains business like communications, conduct and appearance, and otherwise demonstrates a courteous, positive and professional attitude at all times.
- Communicates with TGCS management and/or team members on a timely basis to inform regarding status of work, of potential or existing problems, and to seek advice and assistance. Recommends areas of improvement to management.
- Performs a full workload of complex technical services to their Client Account including on-site maintenance and repair, equipment relocation, discontinuance and modification, system/network reconfiguration and installation planning.
- Strong customer relation skills in the retail environment
- Knowledge of personal computer technology, flat panel TVs & monitors, cash registers / point-of-sale equipment, and associated retail devices
- Electricity & electronics knowledge
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to properly use test equipment, basic hand tools, and electric meters
- Software skills in Linux and Windows
- Recognize and understand the functional and operational use of IT signal and power cables as well as low voltage wiring systems and to perform diagnosis and repair
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion-dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions, Inc. offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package including the following:
- Group health coverage (medical, dental, & vision)
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- 401(k) plan (with company match)
- Company provided life insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee discounts
- Generous paid holiday schedule, paid vacation & sick/personal days
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email email@example.com to request an accommodation.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Deerfield, Illinois US
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Client Advocate
Requisition Number: TECHN02265
EEO Employer Verbiage: